PDA

View Full Version : need help with safc

theblackpearl
12-14-2005, 12:05 PM
so i hooked up my safcII last night and its all wired up correctly. but the car is wierd. i think the air flow is messed up due to the fact that my o2 sensors are toast. the other sensors are working correctly except is saying my air flow input is at 5v even without the car being started??? and the karman doest move from 3.. any ideas what could be causing this..when the car is started and at idle it almost acts like the mas is unpluged.. the rpms are weak and go back and forth. im wondering if i just un do the air flow input and wire it back up the way it was so that the safc doenst monitor that if it will be okay until i can change my o2 sensors or w/e...

krispy03
12-14-2005, 12:50 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krispy03)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prophet)</div><div class='quotemain'>http://www.dnaracing.net/modules.php?op=mo...sdownload&sid=1 ('http://www.dnaracing.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Downloads&file=index&req=viewsdownload&sid=1')</div>
thank you prophet and jetblack.

FYI for future reference on installing A'PEXi S-AFC II, bottom of page 500 in the link above,
11 is your rpm wire, 41 is your power wire, 42 ground wire, 65 is your air flow signal wire, and 78 is your throttle signal wire. we have no knocking signal.

In the A'PEXi S-AFC II wiring diagram book refer to page 48, terminal drawing M6-b</div>

peanotation
12-14-2005, 12:51 PM
airflow isn't measured at the o2 sensors, but at the mas. your o2 sensors being fried should have nothing to do with it, still should be just sending the mas signal straight through to the computer. in fact, your o2 sensors don't ever send any info to the AFC, unless you did the blue-wire mod. and airflow is measured in karman's (hz). that 5v is your TPS thinking its at WOT for some reason.

like i said, get a volt meter and double check the TPS reading. you might have the afc wired into the wrong pins.

also, did you hook up both ground wires?
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>
Wire connections:

POWER------------------------------red wire from SAFC======Pin 25; red wire at ecu

RPM SIGNAL-----------------------green wire from SAFC=====Pin 69; brown wire w/ green stripe at ecu

THROTTLE SIGNAL----------------gray wire from SAFC======Pin 64; green wire w/ white stripe at ecu

GROUND----------------------------brown wire from SAFC ====Pin 26; black wire at ecu

GROUND----------------------------black wire from SAFC =====Pin 26; black wire at ecu

The brown wire from the SAFC needs to be tapped closer to the ecu than the black wire from the SAFC!!!

AIR FLOW SIGNAL OUT-----------pink wire from SAFC======Pin 70; white wire w/ black stripe at ecu

AIR FLOW SIGNAL IN-------------orange wire from SAFC ====Pin 70; white wire w/ black stripe at ecu </div>

thats for the 7g. see how the two grounds need to be tapped. are yours the same way?

theblackpearl
12-14-2005, 02:16 PM
okay guys i figured out the problem...i had the wrong chart. i had the diagram for a hotwire sensor type..not the karman sensor type. i fixed the wires that were wrong and everythin seems to be fine now..all my input and outputs are correct..car isnt idleling like shit and the readings are all correct.. boy do i feel llike a douche bag...woohoo..

DOHCstunr
12-14-2005, 03:03 PM
you douchebag
:roll:
:wink:

peanotation
12-14-2005, 03:20 PM
nice, now start posting your peak karman readings

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/9929/1800hz2am.jpg :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

theblackpearl
12-14-2005, 03:44 PM
lol why so you guys can make fun of me? hahah

krispy03
12-14-2005, 04:06 PM
you may be a sexy bitch, but can you drive a car?