PDA

View Full Version : Side airbag connector cable

Mangoman
12-21-2005, 02:07 PM
Hey folks,

So I got leather seats for my 2000 ES and see that they have the side airbags on them. However my ES doesnt seem to have the connecting plugs. Id like to connect them (hell, airbags are a good thing!) but not sure how to go about it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how to go about doing this ? :?:

keithert
12-21-2005, 02:43 PM
I think the car would have to have come with them in order for their to be the correct computer/wiring/sensors to use the side airbags.

Mangoman
12-21-2005, 03:52 PM
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

So theres no way to plug them in? I would think that the main "brain" unit would be the same for all the models - just different connectors used depending on how many airbags are installed - no?

If it is then I should be able to connect in I would think. Anyone able to tell me where that unit is (and where I could get a set of connector cables instead of having to make em if it is the case)?

Thanks !

manybrews
12-21-2005, 05:10 PM
theres no way to just "plug them in".
either you have them or you dont. It probably isnt cost effective to try and install them in a car without them, as youll need a new SRS computer, harnesses, seats, and time.