PDA

View Full Version : Stalling

christiantuner
12-21-2005, 06:57 PM
My 90 GS Idiles ruff and starts stalling after the car has warmed up. I also noticed when it starts to idile ruff the lites in my dash dim just a little. Any Ideas? Thanx

Shadow19
02-19-2006, 11:46 PM
I had a similar problem with my 7g. When it was cold it wouldnt run for shit and it would hesitate like hell. I did EVERYTHING to this fuckin car and it came out to be the distributor.. Maybe thats your problem

RedGalant2k1
02-20-2006, 12:07 AM
anymore info? Do you have a SES light? Poor Gas mileage? When was your last tuneup?

Shadow19
02-20-2006, 04:39 PM
I just bought the car. i did have a SES light but i couldnt tell u when was the last tune up and yes i do have poor gas mileage

RedGalant2k1
02-20-2006, 09:04 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shadow19)</div><div class='quotemain'>I just bought the car. i did have a SES light but i couldnt tell u when was the last tune up and yes i do have poor gas mileage</div>

Do a tuneup than, its probably overdue.

Mr. O
05-08-2006, 01:29 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(christiantuner)</div><div class='quotemain'>My 90 GS Idiles ruff and starts stalling after the car has warmed up. I also noticed when it starts to idile ruff the lites in my dash dim just a little. Any Ideas? Thanx</div>

It is a very good possibility that your car may have a vacuum leak. This will also cause your lights to dim. Here is why.

When you have a vacuum leak your car will start to bog and the RPMs will lower when it is leaking. When your RPMs get lower obviusly your motor isn't revolving as fast as it should to keep itself alive.

Your alternator (what keeps your battery charged) runs off your motor, when your motor speed slows down that means your alternator won't be genorating enough power to charge the battery well enough. Thus making the lights dim.

bytchesgetstyches
05-25-2006, 06:25 PM
I would agree with the man above. I've had numerous cars have similar problems and I keep up maintenence on my cars like a maniac. It's almost always turned out to be a vacuum leak, and most of those times it was an intake gasket that was leaking.