PDA

View Full Version : Leather seat covers for the 7G

NiTrOuSoXiDe
12-26-2005, 02:30 AM
I found these on Ebay, only $50 brand new! It's two front seat covers, headrest covers, and two piece rear-bench covers. You get a coice of color combo.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994-1998-M...1QQcmdZViewItem ('http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994-1998-Mitsubishi-Galant-Leather-Seat-Cover-Covers_W0QQitemZ4599138377QQcategoryZ6755QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem')

There's also these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994-1998-M...1QQcmdZViewItem ('http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994-1998-Mitsubishi-Galant-Leather-NEW-Seat-Covers_W0QQitemZ4599451495QQcategoryZ6755QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem')

Good buy or cheap fake crap?

Hodgson316
12-26-2005, 08:43 AM
don't waste your money... these aren't even leather. They are covers to protect the ACTUAL covers. Go to autozone and save yourself 20 bucks... If you want actual leather seats you are gonna have to get it from a custom leather place online or have someone wrap em for ya at a shop. Trust me i've looked, lol

NiTrOuSoXiDe
12-26-2005, 12:16 PM
Save 20 bucks? As in, they sell FULL CAR 'leather' seat covers for $30 there? I mean, both front seats, headrest covers and a two peice rear bench kit for $30?

Hodgson316
12-26-2005, 12:26 PM
Save 20 bucks? As in, they sell FULL CAR 'leather' seat covers for $30 there? I mean, both front seats, headrest covers and a two peice rear bench kit for $30?

naw, what i mean is that those auctions aren't for leather seat... they aren't even for like-leather seats. Those are just some covers that you can buy to put over your seats. These are universal so they won't be a perfect fit either

Hodgson316
12-26-2005, 12:30 PM
as for the first auction i'd call to see actual pictures of the seats. 7g's never came w/ black leather, so i'd be cautious.

------edit-----

nevermind... the first auction is for "leather-like" material... I've seen some before, but they look kinda tacky... if these are the ones that I'm thinking about, then don't expect your interior to look like a stock bmw... good luck man

MBowen574
12-26-2005, 02:09 PM
they are just vinyl covers... look for a wrecked 7g w/ leather seats thatll match your interior or have them custom-covered (i.e. replace your cloth w/ leather) at a pro shop.

these are just dumb.

Blue Ice
12-26-2005, 09:16 PM
When trying to find stuff on ebay remember one phrase.

"You get What you pay for."

Cheap Price = Cheap product
Higher price = Higher quality product

You can find stuff less expensive than retail, but nothing like $1500 leather for $50 bucks.

NiTrOuSoXiDe
12-27-2005, 12:42 AM
Oh, of course I know it's not real leather. It's going to be a vinyl-like material that resembles leather. I figures $50 how can I go wrong. From the pictures, it looks like at least I'll get a somewhat cool looking interior with a leather-esq feeling. I know I get what I pay for, but every now and then you get a bargain.

Also, I know these aren't genuine Galant leather seat covers, they are probably ballpark-fitted, as in, certain groups of cars with somewhat similar seats get certain covers, other cars with similar seats get other covers, etc. I doubt they are custom fitted for a 1994-1998 Galant and nothing else.

I dunno, I might buy it for the hell of it. If they really really suck, maybe I can return them for a refund or most likely just re-sell them and get some money back.

I'm sure they wont be a complete and absolute waste of money, though.

EDIT: I just checked the auction again and it sayd I get a 7 day money back guarantee. I'm going to buy. What color should I go with? I'm hung on either the all-grey or the black and silver (or maybe black and white) to match my dashboard trim:

http://www.halo2ce.epgservers.com/car3.jpg

But the more I look, the more corny the color-combo ones look.

What do you guys think?

NiTrOuSoXiDe
12-27-2005, 01:26 AM
Just bought the all grey ones. I think the two-toned ones look really corny if you don't have the right kind of interior to compliment them.

I'll report to you guys how good or bad they are with pictures.

Bezzle
12-27-2005, 01:31 AM
yea to match that two tone design youll have to have a similar kinda look or else itll look out of place.good luck to ya tho

NiTrOuSoXiDe
12-27-2005, 12:51 PM
Agreed, and thanks. Check out this:

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/656000-656999/656280_29.jpg

That's Import_Beast's car. His interior has the two tone seats and it looks great because his doors match it, and I can only imagine his dashboard probably does too. My car is all stock (except for painted vent covers and trim) so it wouldn't really look too good.

A dark grey with a very simple light-grey two-tone pattern might have looked nice though. A very contrasty and bold two-tone color scheme is harder to match up.

NiTrOuSoXiDe
12-28-2005, 11:29 AM
Received the seat covers today (I know, amazing shipping!) and here's what happened:

The material itself was pretty nice, very leather-like. It had the look of leather and fealt like it too. The problem was that the auction said specifically "These seat covers are NOT universal!". I opened the box today, and what does it say on the package?

Made to fit all cars.

Yay :x So I installed them in the car anyway. The front seats weren't absolutely horrible, but they weren't excellent either. The rear bench, though, when I put the cover on, it didn't even reach from end to end!!!! The 'leather' actually didn't go over the entire seat, so what you saw was in the middle of the seat there was leather and about a foot or so on each end of the seat was like this strechy spandex kind of material. Pretty sad. Right then and there I boxed 'em back up and went back into the house.

There's a full money back guarantee, so I'm not worried.

MBowen574
12-28-2005, 12:32 PM
good luck getting your money back buddy.... i wouldnt trust refund policies from individaul sellers.... :?: :!:

NiTrOuSoXiDe
12-28-2005, 11:09 PM
So far, I never had a problem with things of this nature.