PDA

View Full Version : 2 things wrong

Wintergalant
12-31-2005, 10:39 AM
1.Just had the front end aligned due to outer wear on the passenger side tire he told me and wife it needs a camber bolt to further get into spec. and the car is not lowered.Has anyone had this done before to factory height car?

2. Just noticed that the dash is cracked approx 7inchs long runs from defrost vent up to almost the gauge bezel. Appears the piece can be replaced but dont have dash manual to see if it seperates from rst of the dash.

Thanks.

redgalant1
12-31-2005, 10:44 AM
hey i got 3 cracks in mine from the top too don't know how it happen but trying to get another top part

Wintergalant
12-31-2005, 10:46 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(redgalant1)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey i got 3 cracks in mine from the top too don't know how it happen but trying to get another top part</div>

Can you let me know if ya one and i'll do the same

pinoyesv6
12-31-2005, 10:52 AM
has the car ever been in an accident. or maybe you've run into something a little too hard. might be a sign to look for some damage somewhere else under there.

but other than that, just go ahead and get a camber kit. camber kits weren't made just for people with lowered cars.

Wintergalant
12-31-2005, 10:56 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>has the car ever been in an accident. or maybe you've run into something a little too hard. might be a sign to look for some damage somewhere else under there.

but other than that, just go ahead and get a camber kit. camber kits weren't made just for people with lowered cars.</div>

To my knowledge the car hasnt been in a accident, The wife drives it not me and was asked and she said no she hasnt hit anything but who knows!! Pinoy whats a good website to get them from and i thinking about doing both side to be safe, whats your opinion

manybrews
12-31-2005, 03:34 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wintergalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>

To my knowledge the car hasnt been in a accident, The wife drives it not me and was asked and she said no she hasnt hit anything but who knows!! Pinoy whats a good website to get them from and i thinking about doing both side to be safe, whats your opinion</div>

cars settle and shift over time.. alignment angles change in tiny amounts over the life of the vehicle.
mitsu sells several different sized bolts to allow for camber adjustment.
but we dont need them very often (about 3 times in 5 years).

Niytrus
12-31-2005, 03:55 PM
Off topic, but either of you interested in selling that top part of your dash? If its the top cover I would be intersted as I plan on doing some custom work to mine, would be better if I had a spare part.

Let me know, thanks!

redgalant1
12-31-2005, 07:02 PM
if you got a new to trade yea

Niytrus
12-31-2005, 07:30 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(redgalant1)</div><div class='quotemain'>if you got a new to trade yea</div>

No new one.. thats why I am intersted in yours, but if you find a new one, I might buy the old one.

Wintergalant
01-01-2006, 09:41 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wintergalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>

To my knowledge the car hasnt been in a accident, The wife drives it not me and was asked and she said no she hasnt hit anything but who knows!! Pinoy whats a good website to get them from and i thinking about doing both side to be safe, whats your opinion</div>

cars settle and shift over time.. alignment angles change in tiny amounts over the life of the vehicle.
mitsu sells several different sized bolts to allow for camber adjustment.
but we dont need them very often (about 3 times in 5 years).</div>

Manybrewsdo you know about how much they sell for and can you pet me some part numbers?