PDA

View Full Version : Brakes making weird noise

2kgalant
01-01-2006, 04:01 PM
I have the brembo slotted and dimpled rotors up front. I am also using the Axis Metal Master Pads with them. After driving around for a while, my brakes make this weird growling, squeaking sound when i am braking, especially at lower speeds . What the heck is wrong with my brakes? Any ideas?

Danger DANJ
01-01-2006, 05:26 PM
How long have you had them on? If it's been a while, your pads could be worn and you could be hearing the wear indicators scratching the rotors.

Do you have drums in the rear? The pads could be worn there as well and you might be hearing that.

pinoyesv6
01-01-2006, 05:39 PM
slotted and drilled noises sometimes makes a swirling noise when braking. which is totally natural

IceDouTGaLanT
01-01-2006, 05:52 PM
ya mien do the same,and i uograded my pads to the HAWK pads the 99$ ones,and it does the same scatheing sound..can you get drilled and sloted rotors resurfaced??

g-ridda
01-01-2006, 11:09 PM
they also ned time to be seated if they are fairly new if not yes u should check them to see wuts up but first have some one stand outside of the car and make sure its not from the back brakes i just put mine in and them make the same noises but theres a even louder noise from the drums which i mistakin for my powerslots

2kgalant
01-03-2006, 06:55 AM
So i just need to change my pads? I was told that you can't just change pads, you need to change the rotors and pads together...is this true?

show_galant
01-03-2006, 09:00 AM
not true, you can change your pads aside from the rotors, but it is recommended that you check your rotors, and change them just in case there is warpage or maybe if they got damaged from the surface of your pads/calipers.