PDA

View Full Version : m3 mirror question

ryans99es2.4
01-01-2006, 10:06 PM
hey guys, i got me a set of m3 mirrors (knockoff brand) and had them painted the other day, i have mounted one so far. the power mirror function works just fine, but i have no idea where to start for the turning signal wiring.

there are three wires...

a blue, a black and a white.... i imagine the black is the ground and the other two are the positive and negative

this car has the blue and the amber lights in it, honestly i don't want blue, i want to keep that stock look and have the amber... so does anyone know of the top of their head how to wire these bitches??
:?:

rhema83
01-01-2006, 10:30 PM
This topic has been discussed before. If you search for "m3 mirrors" or "jdm mirrors" you should find your answer.

pinoyesv6
01-01-2006, 10:54 PM
black is always ground. so i'd stick with that.

now im thinking one of two things.

idea 1. one of the wires make for a blue signal and the other makes a yellow signal. if thats the case just hook up the wire that makes a yellow signal to the turn signal wire. i ran mine all the way to the headlights.

idea2. your lights are not just turn signal but also parking lights. if thats the case, again, just run your wires to the front of the car and tap the parking and turn signal lights.

ryans99es2.4
01-01-2006, 11:01 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rhema83)</div><div class='quotemain'>This topic has been discussed before. If you search for "m3 mirrors" or "jdm mirrors" you should find your answer.</div>

i have done a search, all the way from posts to last year... i have found many posts about wiring diagrams and everything and that helped me with the power mirror function, but none of them addressed the turning signal issue.

now on to the action, thanks pinoy, i will try that tommorow and see.