PDA

View Full Version : nos or other stuff

da1085
01-04-2006, 12:16 AM
well, i've been online and i've seen galants with turbos. they look really apealing to me but it's going to cost to much.. i saw a nitrous kit for about $700. is that about the right price for a regular "dry" shot system? can you guys tell me where i can find some cheap horse power.. nitrous was the cheapest horse power i found. even though its not that cheap :cry: what else should i do to my galant if i do decide to get nitrous?? should i get my exhasut redone to 2.5? fuel pump uogrades? will the nitrous give me enough extra power to keep up with the v6 cars like the galants, accords and even maybe the 6 cylinder mustangs? will i be able to keep up with some preludes? im only going to shoot 55 shots of nos if i do get it.

thanks in advance

oh yeah, im new here at TGC but i've been searching around too.

quicksilver22
01-04-2006, 12:36 AM
this is not my area (7G forums)

but have you TRIED using the search button first?

da1085
01-04-2006, 12:41 AM
i did.....it's ussualy turbo, head swap, and nos....i just dont know which one would be more advisable..i was thinking nitrous for now since it involves less work..thinking of that, i wish i thought about it before i spent money on stupid stuff like subs and what ever i did. now i want to go fast so it's like a whole new approach to the car thing..
quicksilver22 which one will you choose??

theblackpearl
01-04-2006, 03:16 AM
well if youre gonna go with nitrous, which i would strongly suggest if your lookin for the cheapest way to get the most power, go with a wet shot over the dry. i have nitrous in my galant and its fast with jsut a 55 shot.. v6 mustangs are cake.. before you go buying this though you need to read everything you can about using nitrous though. ITS IMPORTANT! you cant be a ricer with it and get all fast and furious... i think krispy03 has his nx kit for sale and i would highly recommend buying from him if you do.. only other brand name nitrous system besides nx that i recommend is zex. thats what im running and i love it.. cant beat it man..hit me up if you have serious questions about this...

krispy03
01-04-2006, 05:30 AM
nos!! yea i got a wet NX for sale 35-55-57 shot $500 shipped to your door new never been used https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

SkylineG1
01-04-2006, 08:13 AM
I have a NOS dry kit for sale if you want it.

SuperGALANT
02-17-2006, 08:34 PM
if u go nos be ready to replace engine parts or an engine..

evil-G-nius
02-17-2006, 08:59 PM
KRISPY! THE FAT KID IS SOOO DISTURBING!!! :laughing:

so are the kits you guys have throttle activated or button

peanotation
02-19-2006, 11:55 PM
if u go nos be ready to replace engine parts or an engine..

or learn how to use it and run it all day long with no problems.

a basic 55shot will have you outrunning any v6 accord, galant, camry, out there. it's not a simple easy power upgrade at all, you have to understand how it works and when to use it and when to back off. there are plenty of guys running proper nitrous setups that take their motors to 200K and just do it over again. it definitely has its pros and cons though

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...ic.php?p=349044 ('https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewtopic.php?p=349044')