PDA

View Full Version : guage bezel overlay...

Tiller
08-12-2002, 01:09 AM
anyone know if anyone makes an overlay for inside the gauge cluster...

I saw this one company makes these billet overlays, and they look sweet, but they don't offer them for the Galant...

I'm really interested in a carbon fiber one, i just do not like that blue background inside there, and i will NOT replace the guages themselves... I just want an overlay to cover the blue...

pinoyesv6
08-12-2002, 08:28 AM
interesting...maybe this should be my next project hmm

mrjaydeeone
08-12-2002, 09:55 AM
I painted my aluminum

Gizmo
08-12-2002, 11:44 AM
Yeah I have a 2002, I got the GDI Gauges and the gauge bezel to cover the blue. i though the blue was nasty also.

http://www.liquid2k.com//gizmo4me//tn_gauges.jpg

The only blue left is where the turn signals are thats it.

chibisak
08-13-2002, 04:27 PM
i wish someone will make the aluminium overlay

ChromeGalant
08-14-2002, 05:42 AM
Yeah Tiller,

I just put a 2001 Bezel in to cover the nasty blue (probably paint it someday)and replaced the instrument panel bulbs to blue..

Tiller
08-14-2002, 09:59 AM
Yeah Tiller,

I just put a 2001 Bezel in to cover the nasty blue (probably paint it someday)and replaced the instrument panel bulbs to blue..

you got a daytime pic of that...? Where did you get the 01 bezel...?

RedGalant2k1
08-14-2002, 10:23 AM
Yeah Tiller,

whereelse but the dealership.

Go to www.DelRayMitsubishi.com TGC members get 25% off OEM PARTS!!

VTGalantGTZ
08-14-2002, 11:50 AM
Yeah Tiller,

whereelse but the dealership.

Go to www.DelRayMitsubishi.com TGC members get 25% off OEM PARTS!!

Do you know for a fact that you can just order the bezel? No junk yards around me have an 8g and I Don Herring said that they didn't have a part number just for the bezel. And, of course, if anyone has one sitting around or know where they can get one close by, let me know, I'll buy it. I am dissapointed that the '02 GTZ didn't come with the white faces.

Gizmo and ChromeGalant, did you have any problems securing the bezel or was it a clean fit?

pinoyesv6
08-14-2002, 11:58 AM
Do you know for a fact that you can just order the bezel? No junk yards around me have an 8g and I Don Herring said that they didn't have a part number just for the bezel. And, of course, if anyone has one sitting around or know where they can get one close by, let me know, I'll buy it. I am dissapointed that the '02 GTZ didn't come with the white faces.

Gizmo and ChromeGalant, did you have any problems securing the bezel or was it a clean fit?

sorry about that, i know y the junkyards around u don't have them, i been raiding junk yards within a 200 mile radius looking for galants. and yea i have the only gauge bezel that all of em had. i'll try to look up the part number on it when i go home this weekend.

uhm i don't know what the dealer charges but oem-car-parts.com has it for like 36 dollars. might me an option if you can't find a place that has it

VTGalantGTZ
08-14-2002, 12:06 PM
Found it! Thanks Alan.

I just called my local dealer and he quoted me a price of $170. I am really hoping that he was looking up the wrong part. FYI, Everytime I have called Stohlman Mitsu in Tysons, VA for price info they have had ridiculously inflated prices.

pinoyesv6
08-14-2002, 12:11 PM
Found it! Thanks Alan.

I just called my local dealer and he quoted me a price of $170. I am really hoping that he was looking up the wrong part. FYI, Everytime I have called Stohlman Mitsu in Tysons, VA for price info they have had ridiculously inflated prices.

you might want to try delraymitsubishi since they give us a 25% discount. if you are looking for some place local, you might want to try rockville mitsubishi, i believe our chapter gets a small discount there i recall, maybe

but yea 170, thats the wrong part haha. i can't see paying more than 50 dollars for that part at the dealer.

Gizmo
08-14-2002, 02:09 PM

I had no problems with it it just snapped in. On the 2002 there is a screw that screws the bezel to the gauge housing, but on the 2001 there isn't one. No biggie didn't need it.

If you want a bezel go to www.oem-car-parts.com ('http://www.oem-car-parts.com') they have them there for like $35 shipped.

ChromeGalant
08-14-2002, 03:52 PM
Thats where I got mine.. OEM parts..

Tiller here'sa pic.. I also cleared the needles.. they glow blue and the guages do too since I changed the bulbs..

http://home.bellsouth.net/coDataImages/bellsouth/Groups/45/45607/folders/25868/164602bezel.JPG

I'm still getting the halo guages though..

Gizmo
08-14-2002, 05:15 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChromeGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>Thats where I got mine.. OEM parts..

Tiller here'sa pic.. I also cleared the needles.. they glow blue and the guages do too since I changed the bulbs..

http://home.bellsouth.net/coDataImages/bellsouth/Groups/45/45607/folders/25868/164602bezel.JPG

I'm still getting the halo guages though..</div>

Ok Chrome 2 questions:

1) Where you get the bulbs and
2) Were yuo actually driving that FAST when you took the pic

ChromeGalant
08-14-2002, 06:40 PM
Answers...

1. From an autoparts store ( I got mine from Autozone..#194 bulb)

2. Yes.. taken on my way to HIN Atlanta... I got into a convoy of civics,accords, a subaru and a celica..rollin..

BBGalant
08-14-2002, 08:46 PM
What did you do to clear the needles? Does it require pulling them out of the bezel?

Supernova
08-14-2002, 08:58 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChromeGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>Answers...

2. Yes.. taken on my way to HIN Atlanta... I got into a convoy of civics,accords, a subaru and a celica..rollin..</div>

Shoot man, you were flyin. Fastest i've been is 90.

Tiller
08-15-2002, 02:01 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChromeGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>Thats where I got mine.. OEM parts..

I'm still getting the halo guages though..</div>

hell yeah, that's what i need... you got that part at the dealer...? do you happen to know the part number...?

And how hard was the install on that...? How do you secure it...?

BTW, i saw your drop in your profile, but it got closed... looks 10x better man... i think the reason it still looks high is the 35 rubber... go with 40 on your next set... looks good man...!

Tiller
08-15-2002, 02:02 AM
this overlay need to come in a carbon fiber to match the factory weave of the GTZ...!!

ChromeGalant
08-15-2002, 07:05 AM
Nahh. got it from OEM PArts.. (http://www.oem-car-parts.com/ ('http://www.oem-car-parts.com/')

$36.40 - Just goto 2001/Mitsubishi/Galant/Instrumentpanels/ then scroll down to Cluster & Switches and its the second item (and it has a schematic diagram)

Easy install.. remove two upper screws to get to the instrument panel (and remove the dimmer connector) then 4 screws to remove the instrument panel (and 2 connectors, one on each side) then the plastic cover and bezel snap out.) Very easy..

[/url][/quote]

Fishboy55
08-15-2002, 07:38 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BBGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>What did you do to clear the needles? Â*Does it require pulling them out of the bezel?</div>
Yes you have to remove the bezel and the instrument cluster to get to the needles. You don't have to remove the needles to clear them. Clearing them is pretty easy. Just use some Acetone (nail polish remover) on a Q-tip and rub lightly until the color comes off.

Chip

VTGalantGTZ
08-15-2002, 12:29 PM
Anyone know if www.oem-car-parts.com changed their shipping policy? I ordered the gauge bezel and the final bill was just $36.40 with $0 charged for shipping. I just got an email a few minutes ago saying that I need to pay another $8 for shipping before they send it out. Sux.

I'll do it if I have to, but it seems that noone else paid for shipping. I emailed him back asking him why I am being charged for something after the fact before I pay him. Waiting on that reply...

Also, what's the deal with the VIN. That was the second part of his email, but don't have it because I am at work. Is necessary that I give it to them?

Gizmo
08-15-2002, 08:30 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VTGalantGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>Anyone know if www.oem-car-parts.com changed their shipping policy? I ordered the gauge bezel and the final bill was just $36.40 with $0 charged for shipping. I just got an email a few minutes ago saying that I need to pay another $8 for shipping before they send it out. Sux.

I'll do it if I have to, but it seems that noone else paid for shipping. I emailed him back asking him why I am being charged for something after the fact before I pay him. Waiting on that reply...

Also, what's the deal with the VIN. That was the second part of his email, but don't have it because I am at work. Is necessary that I give it to them?</div>

The first time I ordered the bezel I didn't give them a VIN since my car is a 2002. But they e-mailed me asking for it so I gave it to them, I guess they just need it for records I don't know. Kind of dumb its the same way at the dealership.

Plus I didn't pay for shipping I guess maybe they changed their policy. Kind of sucks for you but the total price is still cheaper then the dealership they wanted to charge me close to $80.

RedGalant2k1
08-16-2002, 08:27 AM
Tiller, just contact www.DelRayMitsubishi.com and get it for 25% off.

Chrome, any pics with the gauges lit? I wanna see how the cleared needles looks.

T.S.
08-16-2002, 10:58 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Supernova)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Shoot man, you were flyin. Â*Fastest i've been is 90.</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gizmo)</div><div class='quotemain'>
2) Were yuo actually driving that FAST when you took the pic</div>

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid28/pd06dfdd085cd94337915250395ae42c0/fd679d65.jpg https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

ChromeGalant
08-16-2002, 12:32 PM
I take a pic tonite..

Looks pretty good.. until I get my guages..

bigwaggs
10-23-2003, 05:52 PM
the oem site doesnt work

ChromeGalant
10-23-2003, 11:54 PM
Damn.. a blast from the past..

Notice tiller with a positive comment in it though...

silveresv6
10-24-2003, 01:25 PM
OK i gotta throw a question in here. Awhile ago I saw some faces on a site with the Mitsu logo. anyone know where i can get them???

Thanks, Rob

pinoyesv6
10-24-2003, 02:35 PM
OK i gotta throw a question in here. Awhile ago I saw some faces on a site with the Mitsu logo. anyone know where i can get them???

Thanks, Rob

your best and cheapest bet for those is to make them yourself. there are templates out there that allow you to make your own gauge faces.

finn
10-24-2003, 09:01 PM
i have the white gauges with red mitsubishi symbol...i got them on from www.importcarpartsplus.com.... if you ask you might be able to get a different color combination

The 99 Galant
10-25-2003, 12:51 PM
they sell Aluminum and CF bezel guages on Ebay for 15, and gauge faces for 10-20.

GalantHL
10-29-2003, 03:00 PM
Hey Chrome Galant...where did you get those black gauge faces....that's not OEM is it? It's a nice twist off of the OEM faces, with the dark blue and all. Not too bling, bling like some of the white faced gauges.

Reelax
10-29-2003, 03:13 PM
Hey Chrome Galant...where did you get those black gauge faces....that's not OEM is it? It's a nice twist off of the OEM faces, with the dark blue and all. Not too bling, bling like some of the white faced gauges.

that's OE '02+. they are a big 1 piece gauge set w/ no bezel in black and blue. the '99-'01 are black and need a bezel to cover up the gaps since they are 3 piece.

GalantHL
10-29-2003, 03:30 PM
Would the guage face fit the O1 OEM gauge cluster area? I'm getting sick of the halo gauges...the "slip on" applications let too much light slip into the view area. Know what I mean? I've been trying to put black tape around the edges so the gap is sealed.

tanpan
10-15-2010, 02:58 PM
ok so im trying to get the bezel for the 2001 galant..which i believe is that black cover inside the cluster as i have a 2003 and im trying to get the look above. i couldnt find the site oemcarparts so im trying to order from a different one. i just want to make sure im ordering the right part since in price, its same. there is no direct link to the exact part but just follow the steps and let me know if its the right part.
http://www.mitsubishiparts.com/oe_parts_catalog.html
put in 2001 galant/instrument panel/cluster&switches/gauge bezel
thanks

Joshua42007
10-15-2010, 03:33 PM
ok so im trying to get the bezel for the 2001 galant..which i believe is that black cover inside the cluster as i have a 2003 and im trying to get the look above. i couldnt find the site oemcarparts so im trying to order from a different one. i just want to make sure im ordering the right part since in price, its same. there is no direct link to the exact part but just follow the steps and let me know if its the right part.
http://www.mitsubishiparts.com/oe_parts_catalog.html
put in 2001 galant/instrument panel/cluster&switches/gauge bezel
thanks

Are you trying to order the entire cluster? like the whole assembly? or are you trying to order just the faceplate that goes over the gauges?

Which parts are you referring to?

http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp326/joshua42008/6241340.gif

tanpan
10-15-2010, 04:01 PM
just the faceplate i guess..the number 2
u know the black cover thats missing on 02-03 with blue gauges? its on the 99-01 models
if u look on the first page on bottom, it has a picture of it

stvn_mj
10-15-2010, 06:14 PM
^There is a thread made by a member(Keith) who is parting out a galant from a junkyard ask him if he can get it for you I bet it would be cheaper.

tanpan
10-15-2010, 06:21 PM
ill look but i dont want a used one with scuffs/scratches on it but again ill ask for a pic if possible..with this site part, im sure it will be new

stvn_mj
10-15-2010, 06:24 PM
I doubt it will have scratches since that part sits behind plastic and not many people mess with the cluster. Your call though.

tanpan
10-15-2010, 06:29 PM
true..i left him a message to see if he can show me a pic befor i buy it.
is it the member keith6110? and also, i cant find that thread..do you have a link to it?

stvn_mj
10-15-2010, 08:59 PM
Yea that keith. Here you go https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=43239

tanpan
10-15-2010, 11:40 PM
thx for searching that thread but see on the bottom where it says part out page, it says for sale the cluster with cleared needles but if you click on that, it says that black piece is missing on it already so thats no good for me

stvn_mj
10-16-2010, 11:38 AM
Well he always has parts available just wait for his response unless you want to buy it new online.

stvn_mj
10-16-2010, 11:44 AM
Or here you can get it here http://www.speedhut.com/product_detail-AUTO_NUMBER-184.htm there is also a stainless steel bezel.

BayAreaGalant
10-16-2010, 09:53 PM
You do realize that if you do get it off of another galant('99-'00) you will have to trim/modify the edges for it to make it fit.... Thats what I did but the edges were too jagged and I just gave up on it and threw it away.... Just thought I would let you know since your looking for one in immaculate condition.
I'd just recommend the one from speedhut ^

deeznutz
10-17-2010, 10:08 AM
http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab39/yamaha-r1/IMG_0499.jpg

tanpan
10-17-2010, 02:31 PM
im stuck between either the stock 01 piece or that carbon fiber from speedhut. im not sure but i read somewhere that speedhut one is kinda cheaply made and the tape on back starts givin up from corners and it starts liftin up n looks bad so im undecided. and i didnt hear from anyone saying u have to trim edges to make it fit