PDA

View Full Version : GTS Sucks in the snow

hotdogman1
01-05-2006, 10:49 AM
Anyone else have terrible problems in the snow. especially going up hills. I tried going to work and i have to go over two mountains. I was getting passed by honda civics. finally gave up and went back for the truck. Studded tires are prob the best bet.

jusmills
01-05-2006, 11:14 AM
what kind of tires do you have on your car...wider all season tires will be horrible in the snow, and if the tread is worn it'll be even worse...invest in some snow tires especially if you plan on going up a mountain in the snow and you should be good to go

invertedzero
01-05-2006, 12:54 PM
try getting some winter tires, you don't want to ruin those rims. doesnt the gts come with tcs?

Its Reu
01-11-2006, 07:32 PM
yeah it does

Rising_Suns
02-28-2006, 09:19 PM
what kind of tires do you have on your car...wider all season tires will be horrible in the snow, and if the tread is worn it'll be even worse...invest in some snow tires especially if you plan on going up a mountain in the snow and you should be good to go

Exactly. It's all about your tires. The car is heavey enough, so weight is not an issue. You just need a good set of tires.

I use Khumo all-season tires 17x45x225, and they seem to handle pretty well in the snow. All season treads seem to be ok, generally. It's when you get into the high performance and ultra high performace tires that your snow traction decreases considerably. And as you said, the wider your tire, the worst it will perform on snow.

invertedzero
03-01-2006, 10:15 PM
also remember to drive according to wheather conditions. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Its Reu
03-07-2006, 04:26 AM
last week i was driving on the LIE, and outta no were my backend swings out, and im swerving all over the place. i was soo close to the divider if i stuck my hand out the window i could have grabbed it, scary

damn non snow tires

invertedzero
03-07-2006, 10:26 PM
could be ice on the pavement here in toronto, canada we get them all the time and we see cars swinging away so it's always good to invest in some winter tires. try getting them for next winter so you could have less problems when driving around

keithert
06-07-2006, 03:30 PM
I'm surprised it is handling badly. I never have any problems with my 8th gen V6 in the snow.

invertedzero
07-07-2006, 06:54 AM
could also depend on how a car is driven. when winter starts, a lot of drivers still drive like it is still summer.............