PDA

View Full Version : Car Stutters

shashivr4
01-05-2006, 05:45 PM
When driving under normal conditions, my car seems to stutter making the entire car shake at certain rpm's. Also, when I floor the gas pedal it gives me a stutter feeling. Almost a slight resistant feeling. Has anyone else had the same problem?

The dealer said it might be the engine mounts. I already had the timing belt replaced. Thanks for any input.

Shashi

seth98esT
01-05-2006, 06:06 PM
Check the plugs, plug wires, coil packs. Does it sound different? Does it vibrate at idle when it is Drive? Bad mounts shouldnt cause a stutter, just vibration.

icEbErg629
01-05-2006, 06:11 PM
who installed your timing belt?

99BabyBenz-aka Herb
01-05-2006, 06:24 PM
mines be doing that since 45k miles im now at 103k dealer told me its the transmission back when i had my tune up at 70k. Mine usually does it between 30-45mph. I think ill just get my tranny flushed.

shashivr4
01-11-2006, 06:40 PM
A Mitsubishi Dealer installed my timing belt.

pinoyesv6
01-11-2006, 06:44 PM
if you look at the rubber part of the motor mounts you can see if they are shot or not. just take a flash light and look at them. for the transmission mount you are gonna have to take out the battery tray.

shashivr4
01-12-2006, 06:20 PM
Thanks Pinoy, I'll take a look at them this weekend when I have some time. I'll let you know what I found.

Shashivr4

Kenshin
01-17-2006, 08:14 AM
Hey,

I had the same problem. For the past week my car was studdering when i push the gas down slowly. But i got a tune up, I changed the spark plugs and wires. After that my car has been driving real good. No more studdering, and the gas mileage has improved. Now only thing i have to do now is get the valve cover gasket changed.

Good luck man.

shashivr4
01-17-2006, 07:50 PM
Thanks Kenshin. I'll try that.

However, my car is at the mechanic right now and he said it might be the tie rods because they seem alittle loose. What do you all think?

But the Mitsubishi dealer said it was probably the engine mounts. I don't want to keep on spending uneccessary money but want to get the problem fixed as soon as possible before it causes more problems. Thanks for any help in advance.

Shashivr4

Kenshin
01-19-2006, 10:05 PM
Well..

I got my timing belt changed at 90k miles and i have 119miles on my car now. Dont know what to say man... i know how u feel about spending unneccesary cash. I would try the tune up first and see how it goes. Since thats real cheap to do.

Good Luck

atish25
01-19-2006, 11:15 PM
i had the same thing happening to my car since i bought it. however i didnt notice it until a week or so later. My tire guy told me i needed my tie rods replaced but didnt say that was the studdering. Car was totaled before i replaced them. I thought it was a air fuel problem replace the mas, plugs, wires, and every other little thing recommended. I then thought it was the tranny when i got the engine replaced and bam, a whole new car. Totally different driving, Im not sure if they replaced the tranny with the engine, but that rulled out all the little plugs wires and tranny prob so it sounds like the motor mounts stoppers to me. i dont know everything just giving my experience from the same problem.

shashivr4
01-27-2006, 03:48 PM
Does anyone think it could be the crankshaft pulley?

Shashi