PDA

View Full Version : Put my back seat in and all heaven broke loose

remarque
01-05-2006, 06:51 PM
Well today I put my back seat back into the car, went into the house for a few and then I decided to go to the store, but my car wont start. When I turn the ignition key the power comes on and then it just shuts down, but the headlight and interior light blink on and off faintly.(checked all fuses) Could it be the battery or alternator? All I did was put my back seat in, It ran fine earlier today. I dont have a clue, any ideas will help.

8G_GTZ
01-05-2006, 06:59 PM
when you say you went in for a few, what is a few? min, hrs, sec.? maybe you drained the battery leaving a door opened, lights on, etc.

Steve

remarque
01-05-2006, 07:02 PM
I went in for about six hours.

SkylineG1
01-05-2006, 07:02 PM
Remove the back seat and make sure that the wires that connect your fuel pump are still in check. You probably inadvertley kicked it.

8G_GTZ
01-05-2006, 07:04 PM
yeah, six hours would do it. I'd take that time to check the fuel pump as stated above as well.

Steve

remarque
01-05-2006, 07:14 PM
Im thinking it has to be electrical, because the lights dont blink once I turn the light switch off, but I will check the fuel pump wires. What problems would occur if the fuel pump wires are disconnected?

pinoyesv6
01-05-2006, 07:21 PM
you have a friend with some jumper cables? jump start the car, see if it will work.

i think your battery is drained. if your fuel pump was disconnected then your lights would still run normally.

remarque
01-05-2006, 07:52 PM
if the fuel pump wires are loose will the horn still blow? Plus my keyless remote still work. It has to be the battery.

pinoyesv6
01-05-2006, 07:59 PM
if your fuel pump wire is loose, your horn will blow, your lights will work, your power locks will work. you could even listen to the radio. the only difference you'll notice is when you go to start the car.

remarque
01-05-2006, 08:36 PM
Well I checked the the connector that under the seat(the bottom cushion) I removed the four screws and the connector was intact. I saw that the feul pump wire ran up behind the upper seat, I'll have to check there tomorrow. Thanks alots, I figured out its the battery, because eveything does work. You guys are a lot of help thanks.