PDA

View Full Version : What Do you Hate Most About...

Its Reu
01-11-2006, 04:02 PM
They Started this in the other galant Forum soooo i thought that we should start it here.

Q: What is the thing you hate most about our cars.

Well for me lol its the huge gap between the tire and fender in the front that comes from the factory

9G
01-11-2006, 04:15 PM
^^ that can always be fixed https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

You have a maxima too? how do they compare?

Its Reu
01-11-2006, 04:33 PM
the maxima has alot of power in it but its to damn heavy, i think even though it has 30 more hp than the galant the galant is still faster. And the interior is sorrta plane compared to the galants. I really love the hids that it came with, and also the feel of seats. But me I personally perfer to drive the galant more so that max just sits in the driveway its like 2 months old and only has 1500 miles on it

9G
01-11-2006, 04:37 PM
hehe those HIDs are like the ones on the acura tl's. for some reason, those two cars has the worst projectors for the incoming traffic but must be real nice for the ones that drives them. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

o1naturalhigh
01-11-2006, 06:21 PM
i hate the fact that jdms always have better stuff than usdms

bglocc
01-11-2006, 06:35 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(o1naturalhigh)</div><div class='quotemain'>i hate the fact that jdms always have better stuff than usdms</div>
2nd that

peanotation
01-11-2006, 07:46 PM
stock brakes suck (might be 7G only)
everybody hates mitsubishi
everybody especially hates galants
automatic trannies

El Chote
01-11-2006, 08:11 PM
I think this is an old repost, but:
No brakes(7g)
Retarded cup-holder placement(7g)

Its Reu
01-11-2006, 09:20 PM
i had a 7 before my 9 and the cupholders didnt really bother me....what bothered me about that car was that they had a recall about a lower ball joint being messed up (95) and we got it fixed then out a 3 months later that the new ball joint snaps in half and sends my dad into a sign on linden blvd. in brookyln.

Torque&amp;Scoot
01-16-2006, 02:31 PM
The passanger airbag light on the dash, that never goes out unless someone is sitting there. I used electrical tape to cover it! Nothing else bothers me about the GTS. It's too much car for the $22,000.00 I paid out the door!

Sexy_Delavatos_G_Ride_:)
01-16-2006, 02:49 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Its Reu)</div><div class='quotemain'>the maxima has alot of power in it but its to damn heavy, i think even though it has 30 more hp than the galant the galant is still faster. And the interior is sorrta plane compared to the galants. I really love the hids that it came with, and also the feel of seats. But me I personally perfer to drive the galant more so that max just sits in the driveway its like 2 months old and only has 1500 miles on it</div>

I have the 03 maxima. I dunno how the interior looks in the 04's but i like the 03 max interior alot better than the galant. I hadda 00' galant and the maxima has like 110 more hp than the galant. Stock the galant was like 145? and the max is 255hp, so that im likin, an the HID's. I like the galants, and if some asshole didnt go threw a red light, i would still have mine and wouldnt of traded it in for nuttin. Cant say i "hate" anything bout the galant, i just have some better things on the maxima now.

G-spot
01-16-2006, 06:44 PM
why it doesn't look like the 380.

Bezzle
01-16-2006, 07:01 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(El Chote)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Retarded cup-holder placement(7g)</div>

i hate that the most!!! i gotta create a custom cupholder now.especially the fact that i have dual face head unit. :x

SkylineG1
01-16-2006, 07:16 PM
<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:30pt;line-height:100%'>NOT ENOUGH POWER!!!!!!!</span></span>

qnz
01-16-2006, 07:24 PM
no MT option. and it seems 02-03 galants are SOL. also i dont like the light grey interior in the 8Gs, i wish it was black like in the 9Gs and 7Gs

Kyoto
02-09-2006, 11:08 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(qnz)</div><div class='quotemain'>no MT option. and it seems 02-03 galants are SOL. also i dont like the light grey interior in the 8Gs, i wish it was black like in the 9Gs and 7Gs</div>

I agree with the grey interior thing.

the drums on the rear(im an 8G guy)...thats it. I'd say speed limiter if I had an 02-03, but seeing as Mitsu seems to have goofed up with that for us 99-01 I4's...

keithert
03-13-2006, 10:59 AM
I hate the 8g seats. The seat bottom is an odd shape compared to most cars. Also there is not enough leg room in the front seats for me. I like having my legs straight out in front of me, not bent at 90 degrees.

Rising_Suns
04-24-2006, 06:02 PM
why it doesn't look like the 380.

I second that.

Also, one would think that Mitsubishi would finally solve the valve ticking issue by now. That's one thing that always annoyed me on my GS-T, and I've noticed it on the 9G as well (only on cold start-up though, which isn't too bad)

Other than that, I don't really have any major complaints. For the price, you can't complain.

the maxima has alot of power in it but its to damn heavy, i think even though it has 30 more hp than the galant the galant is still faster. And the interior is sorrta plane compared to the galants. I really love the hids that it came with, and also the feel of seats. But me I personally perfer to drive the galant more so that max just sits in the driveway its like 2 months old and only has 1500 miles on it

This is interesting to hear your thoughts, as an owner of both cars. I'm surprised that you would prefer the Galant over the Maxima, which is what like $10,000 less MSRP?

Anyway, the Galant and Maxima both have basically the same torque, and bascially the same weight; ~3500 lbs. (actually the Galant is a little heavier). So if the Galant feels faster, it may be due to the gearing and the added punch of .4 liters more displacemet.

The Galant has TONS of low end torque, but up high it's very weak. I'd expect a decent intake and exhaust should help open up the top end a little.

-David

Calipso
04-28-2006, 10:40 PM
automatic trannies

Damn right.

stopfakn
04-28-2006, 10:49 PM
automatic trannies

I hear ya bro. i'm down with any tranny but I'd also wish they had better interiors, bigger wheels(can be changed), the lifter tick, and oh yea the damn sunroof leaks like shit.

mapid145
04-28-2006, 10:53 PM
well.. for my 8g.. its gotta be the power.. need at least a better 0 to 60..

i dont like the back seat room when u got 2 big ppl in the front..

other that.. its fine..

Tech_Greek
04-30-2006, 02:13 AM
One Word...

AFTERMARKET

None of it...we have a swaybar made for our cars, which I'll be buying in the coming month from works, but everything else is made for the eclipse and you have to rig it to fit our cars...

The F.B.I
04-30-2006, 02:32 AM
no more 5speed :cry:

Calipso
04-30-2006, 02:51 AM
well.. for my 8g.. its gotta be the power.. need at least a better 0 to 60..

i dont like the back seat room when u got 2 big ppl in the front..

other that.. its fine..

Driving my 8g, if it's a huge group of people. Even the most smallest midget needs me to move my seat up because all the way back and partially reclined = ZERO room for passengers in back.