PDA

View Full Version : Do they make clear tailights for Galants

big deezy
10-21-2002, 10:45 PM
i have looked on the internet and at a couple of small shops i have been to and i can't find lights anywhere does anyone know how to get them?[/b]

2k2mitsu
10-21-2002, 10:54 PM
welcome newbie!! first off to answer your q...no they dont makew em, but everyone in tgc is pushing for them...so hopefully sooner or latyer well see them being produced.....and for further referece, if you ever have a question that may be commonly asked, use the SEARCH engine located at the top of every screen, in between usergroups and pms.

BGR
10-21-2002, 11:23 PM
They have them in Japan. We had a group buy a few months ago for JDM taillights. The clear ones were available to order. I ordered what is known as the 3rd Generation 8G taillights.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid30/p1a8fbdfecac5ecdd2203833cb55860af/fd503faf.jpg

Close up of mine:
https://thegalantcenter2.com/tgc_images/JDM3.jpg
https://thegalantcenter2.com/tgc_images/Nightshot1.jpg

There is a search feature above located on all pages of this forum. When the words clear taillights was used, it produced many results, including this one here:

http://www.tgc-forums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic...lear+taillights ('http://www.tgc-forums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2091&highlight=clear+taillights')

T.S.
10-22-2002, 12:54 AM
welcome newbie!! first off to answer your q...no they dont makew em, but everyone in tgc is pushing for them...so hopefully sooner or latyer well see them being produced.....and for further referece, if you ever have a question that may be commonly asked, use the SEARCH engine located at the top of every screen, in between usergroups and pms.

mmmm... no?

tgc was trying to get altezzas made back in the day, not clears that I know of, as BGR said clears are already available from asia, email [email protected] and he can probably help you get a set shipped over if there is no current group buy going.

BGR
10-22-2002, 12:59 AM
email [email protected] and he can probably help you get a set shipped over if there is no current group buy going.

Right. I think they cost $280, shipped.

10-22-2002, 02:16 AM
Just remember you can't drive on the street with those.

2k2mitsu
10-22-2002, 08:03 AM
well, sorry..i tohught i was 100 % sure that they werent available..oh well....sorry

Danger DANJ
10-22-2002, 12:05 PM
Here is the deal with the clear tails. I tried to get them through Jaspen when he was with Ecarboy along with the other JDM tails, but a minimum of 5 sets had to be ordered because they had to be purchased directly from the manufacturer. Unfortunately there were only 3 people interested. Now that Jaspen has his own company, I'm sure the deal would still be the same. So, if there are 4 more people interested besides myself, I'll try to contact Jaspen and setup a group buy. It will take atleast 2 weeks for the manufacturer to make them though.

There is one other possible option, which is to PM or email Triggermauve. He mentioned to me that he could get them from Sigma Speed for 55,000 yen (about 460 USD) plus shipping. That price is just a little too much for me.

pinoyesv6
10-22-2002, 12:35 PM
you can try clearcornes.com they can do some clear tailights or clear ligths for anything period. their work is custom no mass production. you just send em your tails and they clear em out. i believe thats the way sigma speed does it. thats y its so expensive there, the core charge. chances are that you wn't have a set of tails to send them so they are gonna charge you for the core that they need to make the tails.

ThaKiDThaTWinS
10-22-2002, 09:10 PM
rich...your lights are ridiculously pimp status...id definetly get me a pair...

BGR
10-22-2002, 09:19 PM
Thanks playa. :winky: I like them, too.

HeadAche
10-22-2002, 09:29 PM
Im gettin a set but i wont have to wait for group buy.. My luck is that there is this guy about 3 house from me on my block who is from the PHillippines and his brother just went over there and he's getttin my set of JDM tails, plates, sidemarkers and guages, and he gets back next week.. If im lucky he'll bring me back a whole front end 2, lmao.. i wish..

BGR
10-22-2002, 09:34 PM
Getting off topic here but man you should ask that guy to bring back a set of those $70 leather seat covers. I'm sure there are people interested, like me and are willing to pay for shipping, too.

mrjaydeeone
10-22-2002, 10:20 PM
Getting off topic here but man you should ask that guy to bring back a set of those $70 leather seat covers. I'm sure there are people interested, like me and are willing to pay for shipping, too.

me too...me too

HeadAche
10-23-2002, 12:57 PM
I spoke to him already about it and he said that if he can get his hands on the stock JDM vr-4 covers and mats he will direct ship them over to me.. I did want a set but his brother is selling me his Recaro seats...

pinoyesv6
10-23-2002, 02:00 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BGR)</div><div class='quotemain'>Getting off topic here but man you should ask that guy to bring back a set of those $70 leather seat covers. Â*I'm sure there are people interested, like me and are willing to pay for shipping, too.</div>

i did some research on fed ex. someone correct me if im wrong you can go to the fed ex site and check it out but uhm you can get the thing 2 day to your work or something (residential cost way more) for about 150 dollars. i used a 10 lb box as a sample btw, actual costs will kinda vary on the actual weight of the package and where you are getting it shipped