PDA

View Full Version : Deyeme Mounts.

pinoyesv6
01-17-2006, 09:55 PM
I got my atx mount today from deyeme and I go to install it. I put in the through bolt and the mount is hanging there by the through bolt. Next step would be to put back the studs that came from the tranny but there's only one problem. The mount sits kinda like an angle and the holes won't line up

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c189/an8gpinoy/CIMG0643.jpg

I look at the instructions on the deyeme site and i've done everything right I believe and their mount seems to sit straight

http://deyemeracing.com/ST/images/ST1MTM_install-13.jpg

Am i doing something wrong or is my car crooked or did i just get a faulty mount? I emailed deyeme to see what they had to say but i figure I'd throw this on your guys for your thoughts.

Xska55
01-18-2006, 03:24 PM
did you put both mounts side by side to see if there the same? I dont know how the v6 mounts are but i know the 4cyl. auto. & manual tranny mounts are different so they may have sent you the wrong one. if they look the same then did you disconnect the front and rear mount to do the install? the motor mounts are pretty tricky to line up and it helps to have somebody helping you out, and a pry bar

pinoyesv6
01-18-2006, 04:42 PM
the metal part of the mounts are the same for sure. now the rubber part, like where the throughbolt goes in, im not sure. the centers of my old mount were in multiple pieces.

my front and rear mounts were disconnected, my engine side mount was still connected but that shoudln't matter. my front crossmember was also out cuz i thought i couldn't lower the engine enough. but it was really cuz of the 4x4 i used on top of my jack to protect the tranny.

i've tried a prybar, i've tried the hammer method. i've even tried bolting the mount to the tranny first and then try to put the throughbolt but only one side lines up and the other side is like a half inch off.

ChikagoGTZ
01-18-2006, 04:52 PM
Send em back.

Stewi
01-18-2006, 04:52 PM
take the whole mount out. measure from the center of the bolt hole in the mount, to the outter edge of the urethane part on top, bottom, left and right. do it on the front and back of the mount, just trying to rule out that the tube inside isnt bent or distorted.

pinoyesv6
01-18-2006, 07:19 PM
i tried my best to measure and it looks like the hole for the throughbolt is straight. i guess the bracket for my throughbolt is crooked https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

hsinya
01-18-2006, 07:34 PM
i had the exact same problem when i installed the deyeme mounts.

bolt the mount to the tranny 1st. then push the tranny up w/ a jack while trying to line up the mounts to the bracket. do the front mount after you've done all the other mounts. let the crosmember hang off the mount. then push the crossmember up w/ the jack and bolt that in last.

pinoyesv6
01-18-2006, 07:39 PM
bolt what in last? the crossmember or the atx mount?

hsinya
01-18-2006, 07:43 PM
oops let me clarify.

atx mount 1st.

crossmember last.

pinoyesv6
01-18-2006, 07:46 PM
so its rear mount, front mount, atx mount then the crosss member?

hsinya
01-18-2006, 07:57 PM
i just remembered how i did it

line up the rear mount 1st but dont put the throughbolt in yet. have the atx mount hanging off the bracket like how deyeme says. then push the tranny up towards the atx mount and bolt that in. now put the throughbolt into the rear mount.

bolt the front mount on the crossmember and then have that whole thing bolt on the bracket in the front. then bold the crossmember into the chassis last.

sorry for the confusion, i've only had to do this once and it was a while ago.

pinoyesv6
01-18-2006, 08:01 PM
thats the first thing i tried. the mount wouldn't line up. i think imma just take it to a shop and get them to do it.