PDA

View Full Version : **all fixed**corner light mod gone very wrong

mrjaydeeone
10-22-2002, 01:02 AM
tried doing the corner light and fog light mods....
didnt work right so tried going back to norm
not sure if the wires are connected right
the new sockets I got have 2 black wires, and 1 red...
1 black on either side and red in the middle...how do I match up to what we got...1 black, 1 green with white stripe, and 1 green with yellow stripe
thought I had it right
now my car when the head lights are on the left signal flashes quick...
right works fine, and when head lights are off both seem fine
also when I use hazards while head lights are on they are fine....
while head lights off the tripmeter light flashes along with my el reverse guages (the guages flash dimly though)
also the drivers side signal indicator is on solid constantly...not flashing just solid...even when lights are offf
while trying to get the wires correct tonight I drained the battery, and had to get car jumped.....
what do I do???
quick help greatly appreciated...

TJC
10-22-2002, 01:10 AM
What mod tutorial were you going by and are these aftermarket fog lights you are putting in? seems to me that you can just go farther back on the old wires by stripping more of the cover and tape off and you would know what the original wire would be. You just have to match them up to the same color wires; unless, you cut all of it off at the lights or something and can't make out what the original wire is...........??

mrjaydeeone
10-22-2002, 06:32 AM
um...that's what I was thinking too...but I can't figure out the right combination for the new wires...the fog light part is not a problem....thanks...jason

mrjaydeeone
10-22-2002, 09:08 AM
everything is fine now...brought it to a mechanic friend...who rewired them
did you guys know that from 1 side to the other...the wires are different..
you can't just match colors...whats with that

Auto-9
10-22-2002, 02:05 PM
It's all just part of Mitsubishi's anti-tampering program https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

mrjaydeeone
10-22-2002, 06:35 PM
lol thats fuhny