PDA

View Full Version : fuel pump going out.?

low sittin 8g
01-18-2006, 01:46 PM
when i dont run my car for a few hours... its really hard to start up.. it just sits there and clicks but wont turn over.. after numerious attempts it finally turns over but wants to die.. i have to sit there and rev it to 4k rpm's for a while and get my motor warmed up it seems and then it runs fine after that.. i just got a new intake manifold so do you gearheads think that might have something to do with it.. maybe a sensor or somethin.. i think it has to do with my fuel though.. 8g's dont have fuel filters.. well we do.. but its part of our fuel pump assembly.. you kinda gotta buy the whole thing.. my car runs prety much fine after it runs for a few minutes.. although periodically when i go to stop my rpm's fall really low.. any help will be helpful.. thanks

Dominicano
01-18-2006, 01:55 PM
I had the same issue when i had my intake install and it was a short ram, although i never had a problem starting up the car. When i had the intake install my car would have crazy up and downs on the rpm, and if i put too much load like radio, wipers and A/C on the car would struggle to stay on when i am in Park and then it gives and shuts off. Once i removed the intake and put the stock box back on I have not had the problem since as bad as it was.

seth98esT
01-18-2006, 02:14 PM
Clicking on startup would usually mean a starter is going out. You having to hold the gas untill it is warmed would probably indicate either something with a vacuum leak or something wrong with the IAC

SkylineG1
01-18-2006, 07:49 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>Clicking on startup would usually mean a starter is going out. Â*You having to hold the gas untill it is warmed would probably indicate either something with a vacuum leak or something wrong with the IAC</div>

I was told that if the starter doesn't click then that mean that the starter is going.