PDA

View Full Version : Help, i can't find the difference..

Dennis7GV6
01-18-2006, 04:26 PM
I've been lookin around for sportschocks around here and i get disapointed everytime...
I've found shocks from Koni, but only for the 2.0i and NOT for the V6...
Can anybody tell me the difference?
Maybe the weight of the car?
I've found an Eibach dealer in Germany, maybe i'll give them a call...

And a second question, swaybars, it's hopeless to get them here, i've heard that some swaybars of an Eclipse will fit, is tha true?
And can anybod tell me which type's will fit?

Thnx!

4-G-rim
01-18-2006, 05:15 PM
Pretty much Most FWD 2g Eclipse suspension parts will work on a 7g. Now since you have a V6...your spring rates will have to be able to handle the additional weight compared to a 4cyl if you want the car to achieve best handling and ride performance. You could probably get away using 4cyl spring rates..but ride and handling performance could be sacraficed. I personally would go with V6 specific springs for your 7g. Assuming your 7g is FWD this should work on your car:

*All parts will be off a 2g Eclipse FWD*
-Front upper strut bar
-2g front and rear upper mounts (pillowball, camber/caster, etc)
-Rear sway bar will work (You will need to replace rear lower control arms with 2g GS, GSX Eclipse so sway bar links can bolt on to them)
-Rear upper strut bar (Cutting will be involved)
-2g FWD Eclipse camber kits
-2g FWD Eclipse underbody brace kits

As for as shock/struts and springs...again since you have a V6, using 7g FWD 4cyl applications won't be suitable for optimal performance. Maybe you could look at V6 Dodge Avengers since they share similar suspension parts off the 2g Eclipse and 7g Galant. Good Luck and hope this helps.

qnz
01-18-2006, 07:26 PM
are jdm 7g's and usdm 7g's compatible? i know the jdm 8gs dont share the same suspension as the usdm 8gs.

4-G-rim
01-18-2006, 08:40 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(qnz)</div><div class='quotemain'>are jdm 7g's and usdm 7g's compatible? i know the jdm 8gs dont share the same suspension as the usdm 8gs.</div>

A few years ago I was helping out this guy from Austrailia with suspension parts for his 7g and comparing Mitsu part numbers with USDM part#'s. There is no real HUGE difference between UDSM and JDM 7g's unless of course the V6 and VR4 7g's since those weren't available in the US market. Its safe to assume most of the suspension parts are the same as the JDM and EDM counterparts unless its a VR4 with the major difference because its AWD configuration.

Dennis7GV6
01-21-2006, 04:58 AM
Hey!
Sorry i didn't comply earlier, but i've been buizy...
But thanks fot the info, i just have to search fot V6 stuff than..
Too bad, maybe eibach has some something for me, i found a dealer in Germany, that's not too far away from here. And i've read here that they sell good stuff, so maybe... :?