PDA

View Full Version : hiding wires

mctsun
01-23-2006, 12:13 AM
well i searched and looked at all the neon posts..

didnt find enough stuff on how to hide the wires... ive got these leds that have the cigarette adapters on em.. and i dont like the wires going all over my car (no one does i think lol)

so where and how do i hide them??

noob question i know ...

thanks in advance

GAGalant01
01-23-2006, 12:16 AM
where will you be installing the neons? usually you can run the wires under the carpet or behind the dash. you will probably have to extend the wires.

mctsun
01-23-2006, 09:09 AM
well i want them under the seat .

but how did u get it under the carpet? dotn u have to cut that up or soemting ... lol i dont wanna pull it out and cant put it back in lol.

GAGalant01
01-23-2006, 09:22 AM
the best way would be to get your wire extensions and tape them to the end of a straightened coat hanger. cut a small hole in the carpet under the seat and push the hanger foreward until you see it sjhow up near the front by the pedals or something. then run your wires to the location where you are going to tap into power from. then make your connections to the neons.

that should do it.

Danger DANJ
01-23-2006, 09:23 AM
First, if you want to hide the wires, you don't want to be using the cigarette adapter. Your best bet is to cut the plug off and wire the neons in to a switch and tap into the power for the cigarette lighter. To run the wires from there to under the seats, you'll have to pop off the radio trim, shifter trim, and take off the arm rest and cup holder part of the center console. With that off you should be able to run the wires through the center console and fish the wires under the carpet to under the seats.