PDA

View Full Version : ABS Plastic Sheet

devgrp
01-23-2006, 04:36 PM
Anyone know where I can get some ABS Plastic sheet to buy. I would prefer if I can get local in NYC.

Thanks https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

pLUGSNEt
01-23-2006, 04:44 PM
check local hardware stores... that is where i got mine when i did one of my headlight shrouds....

devgrp
01-23-2006, 04:46 PM
Ahh thanks man. Thats what I want to use for a a retro I'm doing. I have a second set of headlights and I just got some RHD TSX projectors. I'm going to file down the cutoff shield so its just straight.

ericbla03
01-23-2006, 04:51 PM
I did an extensive search online a while back for ABS sheets and they were all pretty expensive (concidering its just a peice of plastic). The only place i could get it in my town was at the car audio installation place....at $12 for 1 sheet :?

BTW, when i straighten the cutoff beam on some of my projectors i find it easier to add (epoxy glue) a thin peice of metal to the cutoff shield rather than try to file the existing one down. just my .02

devgrp
01-23-2006, 05:01 PM
I did an extensive search online a while back for ABS sheets and they were all pretty expensive (concidering its just a peice of plastic). The only place i could get it in my town was at the car audio installation place....at $12 for 1 sheet :?

BTW, when i straighten the cutoff beam on some of my projectors i find it easier to add (epoxy glue) a thin peice of metal to the cutoff shield rather than try to file the existing one down. just my .02
That sounds like a better idea. The bezels that you make, can you still aim the headlights with them in?

pLUGSNEt
01-23-2006, 05:01 PM
yes it is expensive also check ... ebay they have some on there every now and then....

ericbla03
01-23-2006, 05:16 PM
That sounds like a better idea. The bezels that you make, can you still aim the headlights with them in?

I do all the major aiming before i put the bezels on. When i seal them all up i leave a little bit of space so you can do some minor aiming if needed.