PDA

View Full Version : Rediculous ammount of brake dust

bigbluetotoro
01-25-2006, 02:14 PM
Hey. i was wondering what you guys have done to fix this problem. I was lucky enough to get one of the models of galant where the brakes work a little too strong. and causes warped rotors, and lots of dust. but this is a little rediculous. a little less then a year ago i got brembo rotors, and Axxis Ceramic pads. i was told that the ceramic pads don't have bad dust, and last longer. well my pads are already worn to nothing in less then a year. and the dust is pissing me off. i will clean my wheels to perfection. then in about 10 min of driving they will go from silver to gunmetal again. I know i need to get new pads. Does anyone know the best was to fix this. or the best pads to get. any help would be really apreciated. thanks in advance guys.
Chris

pinoyesv6
01-25-2006, 02:26 PM
im using the hawk hps and i haven't really had a brake dust problem with them at least compared to my old pads

now those 12 dollar pads i got at autozone, bring on the brake dust.

DryBear
01-25-2006, 03:35 PM
That's why I got black rims https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

FYI, I tried the Prestone wheel cleaner with brake dust repellant and it looked like it worked a little bit. Need to do more consistent testing, though.

pinoyesv6
01-25-2006, 04:11 PM
That's why I got black rims https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

he's lucky he had gunmetal colored dust. my autozone pads gave me brown dust. my calipers are painted black and they soon turned brown cuz they were covered with dust lol

glantv699
01-25-2006, 04:45 PM
I have Hawk pads in the front and the noticeable brake dust was minimal...

You say your pads are already worn after a year? That is rather early from what I know, but what kind of driving do you do more often...highway or city. You really ought to consider that because it determines the speed at which braking takes place and also how often you're actually hittin' the pedal. More stopping = more ware. Was the pad/rotor setup creating large amounts of dust when you initally bought it? It's a shame they already need to be replaced, but maybe consider a different pad this time.

Not to ramble but I just thought of this...what do you clean your wheels with. Because one time i used this protectant instead of just soap and water...it left them looking great but the stuff created a super thin adhesive layer dust would cling to very fast. Try Pyrol Brake Parts Cleaner on the actual braking components, that gets rid of straight up dirt in the system.