PDA

View Full Version : engine mods

NotoriousMummy
10-22-2002, 05:29 PM
Hey guys i have a 96 galant that has about 70,000 miles on it. its a dog off the line til it hits about 3 grand...no mods done to it yet. Any suggestions on what to modify first( dont have much money). i should mention that its an ES so unfortunately its an automatic which just kills me.

BEAST
10-22-2002, 05:42 PM
First off get an intake. That will help a lot since the stock intake is very restrictive. Then probably get a muffler. When was the last service, oil change, fluid check and refil, filters changed. This all helps. How much money you wantin to spend?

Jesse
10-22-2002, 05:45 PM
I'm pretty sure you won't get many responses since people would rather you look in the previous posts to the numerous times this was asked.

Since we're all pretty much in agreement, I'll just give u the run down.

1) Regular maintenance on all fluids (tranny, oil, radiator, etc)
2) Make sure all your belts are good, 70k is a good time for new timing belt
3) Make a cold air intake (many posts on how to make one)
4) Next do a custom exhaust 2 1/4" or 2 1/2" cat back with performance muffler and a test pipe is recommended
5) Headers

Also, make sure your throttle body cable is tight. Look around the site in the FAQ and other parts and you should find all the info you need

Also,
Welcome to TGC

BEAST
10-22-2002, 08:03 PM
use the search function to search previous posts and to find the things you want to know. If you don't see anything or you question or if you have further questions on a topic go ahead and post it up.