PDA

View Full Version : Cannot take off my wheels

Stay Alert
02-02-2006, 02:01 PM
Ok, my car has been sitting outside the past 6months, due to needing a new engine, its been through rain, no lower than 25 degrees of tempature. Now that i am getting my car fixed, i wanted to change the brakes on them, and my wheel wouldn't come off, so i just left it alone, i looked inside through the rim, and the rotor is rusted alot, is there anyway i can take off the wheel my self or would i have to go some where and have it done.

njjfudge
02-02-2006, 02:07 PM
Are u just talking about the nuts or are you talking about the wheel it self?

Stay Alert
02-02-2006, 02:14 PM
the wheel its self after i take off all the nuts off

Cali
02-02-2006, 02:33 PM
take a mallet and hit it from the inside if the lug nuts are off.

Stay Alert
02-02-2006, 02:39 PM
take a mallet and hit it from the inside if the lug nuts are off.

aight thanx everybody for the feedback

bronxbombr
02-02-2006, 04:24 PM
and if that doesnt work then just kick the bottom of the tire and it should plop right off. Make sure the car is supported by jackstands before you attempt this though.

qnz
02-02-2006, 04:34 PM
this is the best method for me when simply kicking the tire and using a rubber mallet doesnt work: using your arms, pull along the top of the tire, while at the same time using your forearms and push off of the fender. kinda like a lever. while pulling on the top, start kicking the bottom of the tire really hard. best method imo

just be careful not to go flying back when the wheel does come off tho

Stay Alert
02-02-2006, 05:37 PM
i tried to pull it all with my arms already with all my strength, i mean i made the whole axel turn like i was turnin the steering wheel, thats how hard i was pulling it off and it wouldn't come off, i think that the rim is all rusted 2gether, with the rotor, its all 2gether as 1piece.

Serstylz2
02-02-2006, 05:43 PM
same happened to me, get some... uhhh... watsitcalled.. PB blaster.. spray at the rust

low sittin 8g
02-02-2006, 05:47 PM
take off the lug nutts and start driving fast.. i promise it'll come off

Stay Alert
02-02-2006, 06:15 PM
same happened to me, get some... uhhh... watsitcalled.. PB blaster.. spray at the rust

i am gonna try that thanx

DOHCstunr
02-02-2006, 06:22 PM
just use a BFH
very basic tool pretty much designed for these applications.
workd great
you can get one at most hardware stores

njjfudge
02-02-2006, 06:25 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Serstylz2
02-02-2006, 06:35 PM

You need to not say stuff like that... some member may do something and you would be at fault

pinoyesv6
02-02-2006, 08:26 PM
take the lug nuts off and slowly lower the car the weight of the car should bust any of that rust off. then raise the car back up and remove the wheel

shiznit013
02-02-2006, 08:57 PM

You need to not say stuff like that... some member may do something and you would be at fault

I think he needs to say more stuff like that. Anyone dumb enough to take that advice is too stupid to live. Problem solved.

Dominicano
02-02-2006, 10:43 PM
I had the samething happen to my car, kicked even dropped the jack real fast to get it loose and that shit would not budge. so i took a rubber mallet and beat the hell out of it from the inside of the rim and it finally came off.

low sittin 8g
02-02-2006, 10:50 PM

I think he needs to say more stuff like that. Anyone dumb enough to take that advice is too stupid to live. Problem solved.

i agree

rolling
02-02-2006, 10:54 PM
[quote=low sittin 8g]take off the lug nutts and start driving fast.. i promise it'll come off

I think he needs to say more stuff like that. Anyone dumb enough to take that advice is too stupid to live. Problem solved.[/quote
i second that man we need more jk like that :bigsmile: :biggrin:

FRCFD6
02-07-2006, 04:03 PM
you could also use a breaker bar. be carefull though....

seth98esT
02-07-2006, 04:22 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>take the lug nuts off and slowly lower the car the weight of the car should bust any of that rust off. then raise the car back up and remove the wheel</div>
That would be my suggestion. Or try a BFH like DOHCstunr said.

loser00
02-07-2006, 06:29 PM
Galvanic corrosion (also called ' dissimilar metal corrosion' or wrongly 'electrolysis') refers to corrosion damage induced when two dissimilar materials are coupled in a corrosive electrolyte. It occurs when two (or more) dissimilar metals are brought into electrical contact under water so when it rains this can happen when i was going through auto collision we ran into this prob and what we had to do was use a rubber mallot and hit the wheels in a star pattern that should get it off

bronxbombr
02-07-2006, 06:37 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(low sittin 8g)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(shiznit013)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Serstylz2)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(low sittin 8g)</div><div class='quotemain'>take off the lug nutts and start driving fast.. i promise it'll come off</div>

You need to not say stuff like that... some member may do something and you would be at fault</div>

I think he needs to say more stuff like that. Anyone dumb enough to take that advice is too stupid to live. Problem solved.</div>

i agree</div>

LOLOL co sign

Chero2000
02-08-2006, 08:50 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(low sittin 8g)</div><div class='quotemain'>take off the lug nutts and start driving fast.. i promise it'll come off</div>

LMFAo.. LMFAO.. LMFAO...

Sharp corners too! LMFAO...

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif