PDA

View Full Version : Tinting windows

GFORCE99
10-22-2002, 09:33 PM
where I live ( in Mass.) the tint laws say you can put tint on your window that are 35 %, are these laws for color tint to because I think color tint ( ex. blue) is differnt then black or mirrored and you can see threw it. I want to know because I want to put blue tint on my back window.

One more thing to ask, to you guys who read super street on page 169, the car fold out that has this tight custom tint that is black with the blue & silver flame looking thing, is there a place on the net where I can get that?

thanks.

pinoyesv6
10-23-2002, 12:15 AM
in many states any color besides smoked is illegal so you might wanna check that out. even if it isn't dark @ all.

as for the custom tint, i'd rather you check out for local shops so you can get a better job with the design, its not a 1 piece deal that you just stick on

JROCKA
11-07-2002, 12:24 AM
Yeah the color tint is illegal also. Any tint darker than 35% is illegal. However, I heard that you can have your back windows as dark as you want just your fronts have to be 35%.
I have 35% and it SUX. Everyone can see in your car and in the day time and it hardly looks tinted. Im going to get mine done over soon (20%), I ate the 35%.

glinx1
11-07-2002, 06:44 PM
I have the mirrored tint on my car. Which I must say looks really nice with chrome rims. I live in Los Angeles and they are illegal, but I never had a problem with them. I know cops see them cuz the mirror tint really makes the car stand out. Plenty of times I would be at a red light right next to a cop, and they never did anything. I think in Los Angeles cops don't stress too much about tint unless they are looking for a reason to pull you over. Because I see limo tints on cars all the time. But then again, maybe I'm just being lucky. So watch it happen that just cuz I posted this reply, I'm gonna get pulled over for my tint as soon as I leave out to hit the street today https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

Reelax
11-07-2002, 07:15 PM
I have the mirrored tint on my car. Which I must say looks really nice with chrome rims. I live in Los Angeles and they are illegal, but I never had a problem with them. I know cops see them cuz the mirror tint really makes the car stand out. Plenty of times I would be at a red light right next to a cop, and they never did anything. I think in Los Angeles cops don't stress too much about tint unless they are looking for a reason to pull you over. Because I see limo tints on cars all the time. But then again, maybe I'm just being lucky. So watch it happen that just cuz I posted this reply, I'm gonna get pulled over for my tint as soon as I leave out to hit the street today https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

umm ur lucky... i have at least 4 fix-it tickets in process for my blue tint in LA (any color other than grey or green is illegal in CA, but my tickets are only for the fronts). actually i have to buy new windows this weekend for the inspection so i can clear those tickets out. the shade i have was special marine application tint (boats) and the company has since stopped making it so in order to keep my windows tinted for shows (actually im going to put them back to blue right after inspection) i have to buy replacement stock windows (front) then swap again whenever i have to get inspected.

http://www.raniworld.com/RAAA/10blue.jpg

pinoyesv6
11-07-2002, 07:20 PM
actually i have to buy new windows this weekend for the inspection so i can clear those tickets out. the shade i have was special marine application tint (boats) and the company has since stopped making it so in order to keep my windows tinted for shows (actually im going to put them back to blue right after inspection) i have to buy replacement stock windows (front) then swap again whenever i have to get inspected.

:shock: talk about bling blink reelax, got windows for every occasion

Supernova
11-07-2002, 07:53 PM
I'd think they'd be a pain in the arse takeing them on and off all the time.

HeadAche
11-07-2002, 09:51 PM
Out her In FLA the police dont really care about the tint, i know myself and lot of guyz who run around with anything from %5-%10 tint all the way around with weird looking colors..

Calipso
11-09-2002, 12:46 PM
Yea GForce99, I'm from Lynn, MA probably near you. Just wondering where ur getting your tints done? I wanna also know the laws in MA because I want to get my windows either limo tint, or mirrored. I don't understand why mirrored would be illegal because it doesn't look at bad. That and the guy with the blue tint (Nice job and nice galant I might add) I think it's redicilous that you can't have blue tint but you can have green and gray.

-Calipso

Turboutlaw
11-09-2002, 06:57 PM
is it pretty easy to get away with a platinum tint like ChromeGalant has? I live in NC and they too have the 35% law. Anyone know what it would cost to get one compared to a regular black 35% tint?

sd2775906
11-10-2002, 11:36 AM
I'm from Fall River, Mass and I have 20% mirror/chrome tint all around with the sunroof done. In Mass, only black is legal and it has to be 35% all around (used to be only 35% in the front and any in the back a year ago). Last night I was driving around and a cop pulled right next to me, and I knew he was trying to look in because he pulled out of his hiding spot and followed me. He didn't do anything. The only problem you'll have is trying to get an inspection sticker from someone willing to sell you one. Another problem is cloudy/rainy days, because it's impossible to see in and I'm afraid a cop will bust me someday. I failed this year and paid $70 to get it. I'll fail again next year. My sis has blue tint on her Accord at 35%, but they let her go.

Reelax
11-10-2002, 12:12 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Reelax)</div><div class='quotemain'>actually i have to buy new windows this weekend for the inspection so i can clear those tickets out. Â*the shade i have was special marine application tint (boats) and the company has since stopped making it so in order to keep my windows tinted for shows (actually im going to put them back to blue right after inspection) i have to buy replacement stock windows (front) then swap again whenever i have to get inspected.

</div>
:shock: talk about bling blink reelax, got windows for every occasion</div>

yeah it's a pain but i can never get this same tint again so i have to do this... it's gonna cost $220.00 for the 2 new windows including the labor for the swaps.

Turboutlaw
11-11-2002, 03:36 PM
reelax, can't you just find someone else's to borrow to put on for your inspection

seth98esT
11-11-2002, 03:43 PM
please mosnatch,,, my overhead camshaft can tint your eyes into oblivion

Reelax
11-16-2002, 11:22 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Turboutlaw)</div><div class='quotemain'>reelax, can't you just find someone else's to borrow to put on for your inspection</div>

whose gonna let me have their windows for a day? naw it's easier to just buy them. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif