PDA

View Full Version : Turn Signal Bulb

Aztec
10-22-2002, 11:23 PM
I have a stock amber bulbs. I'm wondering what looks better 1)a white turn signal or 2)that stock yellow stuff. I just wanted to know what everyone else is doing?

pinoyesv6
10-22-2002, 11:59 PM
i liked my titanium bulbs. they look chromish when off and amber when on

Aztec
11-21-2002, 12:02 AM
i liked my titanium bulbs. they look chromish when off and amber when on

I bought some bulbs finally off of Autotoys Website. I received some great looking bulbs. They are chorme when off and white when on. Some what like Pinoy's. But when I went to tried them out they were blue and not white. Then you can't even really tell that there on. I could get more light out of some candles and mirrors than theses bulbs. They SUCK!!! I'm so piss! I will most likely get some LEDs in white if they make them.

Fishboy55
11-21-2002, 07:31 AM
Well that sucks Aztec. The titaniums that Allan and I have are pretty bright at night and certainly useable during the day, though not as bright as the regular amber bulbs. The reason we like them is because they don't give that yellow look with the clear corners like amber bulbs. I've seen the other colors at Pep Boys, but I don't think I've seen white ones. LED's might not be a whole lot brighter, and they're gonna blink fast because of the low current draw.

Chip

pinoyesv6
11-21-2002, 07:40 AM
Well that sucks Aztec. The titaniums that Allan and I have are pretty bright at night and certainly useable during the day, though not as bright as the regular amber bulbs. The reason we like them is because they don't give that yellow look with the clear corners like amber bulbs. I've seen the other colors at Pep Boys, but I don't think I've seen white ones. LED's might not be a whole lot brighter, and they're gonna blink fast because of the low current draw.

Chip

the APC titanium bulbs come in hyperwhite too. i remmber them from pep boys...

Tiptronic
11-21-2002, 09:50 AM
i go for the white lights. anyway, i just ordered the corner lights to match the headlights that fishboy was talking about, and will see how they compare to the ones i have now. my problem has been that i havent been able to find corner lights that are as bright as the headlights. the ones i have are blue glass and white light, but look like a flshlight thats about to dim out compared to my headlights

anyway, you guys really like the titanium ones

Jeff
11-21-2002, 12:39 PM
i go for the white lights. anyway, i just ordered the corner lights to match the headlights that fishboy was talking about, and will see how they compare to the ones i have now. my problem has been that i havent been able to find corner lights that are as bright as the headlights. the ones i have are blue glass and white light, but look like a flshlight thats about to dim out compared to my headlights

the hyperwhites i was talking about in the "5-0" thread are the ones that are supposed to match the headlights. when you get them in, be careful installing them. treat them the same as you would treat your halogen headlight bulbs. by the way, the metal around the base of the bulb is real weak...don't be surprised if its bent in 2 places just from the little plastic thing its displayed in...if you have a problem getting the bulb to turn into locking position, file down the contacts on the bottom a little. then try again. don't force it or you could crush the bulb in your hand or affect the output. one of mine was real dim because i forced it in. looked like shit. my other one matched the headlight perfectly...even without the re-wire mod...but when it was flashing, it wasn't a real noticable change in output. but as long as noone is coming from the opposite direction and turning down the same road as you, you should be fine...i still like he titaniums better.

Tiptronic
11-21-2002, 12:54 PM

the hyperwhites i was talking about in the "5-0" thread are the ones that are supposed to match the headlights.

is that the name of the brand, and where did you get them

Jeff
11-21-2002, 03:02 PM
i cant remember what the brand name is but i got them here...
http://lightlens.net/ultrawhite.htm ('http://lightlens.net/ultrawhite.htm')
Look for UW1157H Ultra white Halogen signal bulbs $24.80 pair.
They specifically say "match your headlights" just make sure you get the 1157's and not the 1156's. You probably already know that the 1156 only has one contact and we need 2. good luck

Aztec
11-22-2002, 08:40 PM
watts on the buld... does it really matter???

does any one know where I can fine bright replacement buld(1157) in white with a chorme/clear finish. I want the day look as much as the night time look. i'm gonna try Pep boys tonight see what i find.

mbssbm
11-22-2002, 10:44 PM
hey i can get you ultra white turn signal lights, i ordered mine a week ago they should have been in today but i guess it may be monday before i get them. i bought them to match my ultra white heads and fogs. the great thing about them is they were only $9.99 but after shipping it was like $14.50

Aztec
11-23-2002, 10:20 PM
what color is thee buld when its off? where did you order from ?

mbssbm
11-24-2002, 12:50 AM
if your asking me they're clear and i got them through my own business