PDA

View Full Version : Weird Noise

delo
08-12-2002, 10:54 AM
When I'm driving with the a/c on i get this weird noise every now and then. sounds like the beginning of a cop siren when they first turn it on. made me check my rear view mirror a couple of times when i first heard it. i'm thinking its the a/c because i only hear it when its on. does it make any type of noise, or could there be another problem.

smonijhay
08-12-2002, 03:47 PM
LOL https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif that's funny! Mine does the same thing. I haven't been able to figure out what it is. It only happens when I turn the a/c on too. Mine kinda sounds like the squeak you get when you rub your finger across a balloon or something like that. :wink:

manybrews
08-12-2002, 04:33 PM
could very well be nothing more than a loose belt.

bronxbombr
08-13-2002, 08:16 AM
i saw this in a previous post, everyone has the same noise and has concluded that it is the vent sliding open when u turn on the ac.

The other noise u might hear is a click type noise which is just the compressor turning over, but anything stranger than that might be a problem.

smonijhay
08-13-2002, 08:23 AM
If its a vent door sliding open, is there a way to lube it up so it doesn't squeak? I swear it scares my friend everytime we go somewhere... I don't know what is more annoying, the noise or her asking me about it EVERY DAMN TIME we get in the car :shock: :shock: :roll:

delo
08-13-2002, 09:34 AM
yeah now that i think about it, it does sound like a finger going across a balloon. but i hear it when the a/c is on not when i'm just turning it on. aren't the vents open already. and yeah i also get tried of explaining to people where the noise is coming from.

smonijhay
08-13-2002, 09:39 AM
I haven't taken it to my mechanic yet, but I think I will soon because my curiosity is peaked. I guess it would make sense to be a loose belt (I think.....) but I got all new belts a little bit ago and the sound has been there since I've had the car. Honestly, I'm a southern gal, I don't really like to run my a/c when I can roll the window down and catch a nice breeze, but some days its just too hot!! :biggrin:

delo
08-13-2002, 02:08 PM
let me know what your mechanic says the problem is. yeah and somedays i just put the windows down and pump up the music.

95vegasgalant
08-13-2002, 09:25 PM
:twisted: You guys know what it is galant A/C is so cold your body temp. changes so fast you fart without knowing about it https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif LOL mine does it too :twisted:

miragal
08-14-2002, 07:27 AM
Same problem with my '95 and believe or not this starnge sound come from the radiator fan motor! Our cars( at least the 95 to 97 I think) comes with a two speed fan motor and when the the motor is starting to go bad it makes that howling/siren sound as second speed turn on.

delo
08-14-2002, 09:57 AM
so u saying that i have to get a new fan motor? u sure thats the problem.

smonijhay
08-14-2002, 10:05 AM
Same problem with my '95 and believe or not this starnge sound come from the radiator fan motor! Our cars( at least the 95 to 97 I think) comes with a two speed fan motor and when the the motor is starting to go bad it makes that howling/siren sound as second speed turn on. Have you ever replaced your fan motor? How hard was the job?

delo
08-14-2002, 02:40 PM
someone told me that it could also be the belt being somewhat dry since i dont usually drive around with the a/c on. i'm gonna spray belt dressing on the belt to see if that eliminates the problem. will let yall know.

manybrews
08-14-2002, 06:11 PM
its doubtful its the fan, but you never know.

it could seriously be a dozen different things, anything from a slipping belt to a failing expansion valve, to normal noises (depending on what youre hearing.).

smonijhay
08-15-2002, 08:57 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(delo)</div><div class='quotemain'>someone told me that it could also be the belt being somewhat dry since i dont usually drive around with the a/c on. i'm gonna spray belt dressing on the belt to see if that eliminates the problem. will let yall know.</div> Good luck spraying your belts. I've done that a million times and it never corrected the a/c noise issue for me. Let me know!