PDA

View Full Version : v8 galaunt

Blackd
10-22-2002, 11:41 PM
Is there anyone who has heard of anyone else replacing the tranny and engine in a galant with the one of the front wheel drive cadillac deville

TJC
10-23-2002, 12:34 AM
Is there anyone who has heard of anyone else replacing the tranny and engine in a galant with the one of the front wheel drive cadillac deville

Welcome to TGC Blackd. Automotive parts do not quite work like that. If it's not made for that engine, it will not just bolt up. And even aftermarket part makers will not tool up for designing of a whole tranny. Best thing to do is bullet proof your existing tranny. What they do for you is put tougher parts to upgrade what's in it so it can take a lot more power and abuse that a stock tranny would not have been able to handle before.

Level10 is one highly recommended shop for bulletproofing trannies.

pinoyesv6
10-23-2002, 12:39 AM
just curious why the deville? did u wanna ride that cruises just like a pimp or something? cuz i know that well, all that power the deville has doesn't have to do with the tranny, its the motor. that tranny is geared more for cruising and not racing...

Kain
10-23-2002, 04:35 PM
He asked about swapping both the engine and transmission, re read his post. Hmm, I'd be inclined to say no, it wouldn't fit. The Deville's engine is just too big. But I'd have to look at them side by side before I could make an informed statement. But other than size, there's nothing to hold you back (except maybe worrys about the car being able to support the massive increase in weight on the front suspension) It'd be a lot of work too. You're better bet would probably be a V6 though. Or a big turbo on the 4 banger. you'd get similar results either way. And far fewer problems.

pinoyesv6
10-23-2002, 04:43 PM
i know...well no question why he wouldn't want the motor lol...all that power haha. now to think of it...i shoulda been studying instead of posting...thinking too much. but yea just think about the width of the two cars. the galant is just too narrow. you'd need a really wide ass ugly as body kit to make it look more even

seth98esT
10-30-2002, 07:04 PM
I have th GVR-4 swap and I know that'll work.....

But I was just giving him some other options in case he wants something out the ordinary.....

Nevertheless, the swap will make ur car kick ass and lots of fun to drive https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

RedGalant2k1
10-30-2002, 11:42 PM
thats toooooooooooo funny https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif