PDA

View Full Version : The official 07 galant ralliart...

manybrews
02-11-2006, 08:59 AM
whaddya think?
I dunno if it will sell, but good for mitsu for making it.

http://www.autoweek.com/files/specials/200...nt/pages/01.htm ('http://www.autoweek.com/files/specials/2006_chicago/mitsubishi/galant/pages/01.htm')

SkylineG1
02-11-2006, 09:02 AM
what the hell???? Where's are some of the cues from the concept? I am not happy :evil:

bglocc
02-11-2006, 09:06 AM
what's up with the hood?

9G
02-11-2006, 09:08 AM
what's up with the hood?

its stock.

Kalamidad
02-11-2006, 09:54 AM
Any word on the actual RSVP for this model? I mean, 31K for an extra 28 HP is not worth it in my opinion.

If i had a 9G i'd be looking at getting that grill...

http://www.autoweek.com/files/specials/2006_chicago/mitsubishi/galant/images/z02.jpg
This made me tingly...I would love my engine bay to look that clean.

bglocc
02-11-2006, 10:10 AM
what's up with the hood?

its stock.

Why does it come up like that in the middle, for clearance?
http://www.autoweek.com/files/specials/2006_chicago/mitsubishi/galant/images/IMG_0683.jpg

Evofreak7
02-11-2006, 10:13 AM
I like the part where it says the suspension was revised to handle the extra grunt..........OF 28 HORSEPOWER........WTF.

Kalamidad
02-11-2006, 10:14 AM
what's up with the hood?

its stock.

Why does it come up like that in the middle, for clearance?

Purely cosmetic...achives an Elephant Trunk look.

jusmills
02-11-2006, 10:24 AM
not impressed at all, the concept looked much better, any word if it will be AWD, also, it just looks like they updated the grill/hood because the original front end was bad...overall, I'd say they had the opportunity to really make something great and missed the mark...again

DOHCstunr
02-11-2006, 10:25 AM
is it 6 speed?

i'd rock one. knowing good and well all the engine bolt ons from the 4g would fit it.

any other colors?

manybrews
02-11-2006, 01:39 PM
is it 6 speed?

i'd rock one. knowing good and well all the engine bolt ons from the 4g would fit it.

any other colors?
dont know about the colors, but no 6 speed.
Hell, i didnt even think they were gonna make it, so kudos to them.

258 HP is quite a bit more than a sedan really needs, imho.
Hell, Im pretty comfortable with the 4 cylinders 160, 'cause it will STILL do 90 all day long without a problem.
the info I have says its only available with the 5 speed auto, which is fine, 'cause its one HELLUVA nice shifter. if you havent yet tried on in the new eclipse, you should. I frankly think that if I were to buy a new eclipse, the auto may get my nod (it is THAT nice).
also, the ralliart has sirius radio with 6 month free subscription (finally), the rockford fosgate 650 watt system, a navigation system with 7 inch touch screen, and a bunch of cosmetic stuff.

i orignally didnt think much of the new galant, but it has REALLY grown on me. It drives so much nicer than any other galant.

cape97
02-11-2006, 01:47 PM
I'm gonna buy those bumpers!!! I love em!

Its Reu
02-13-2006, 07:26 PM
the concept was soo much beter, the 18s are nice though, and im preety upset that they changed the bumbers in the front so i cant by the ralliart grill which is so much better than the ones that our cars come with now. gosh mitsu whats going on.....

GPTourer
02-13-2006, 11:45 PM
It looks to be 5 speed Sportronic only. FWD only. I think they are going to offer Sunset Pearlescent (the 4G Eclipses signature color) as an option. Eeek. Those wheels are from the Eclipse GT also, looks like the Sword silver finish that is on the Special Edition Eclipse GT.

I understand their budget concerns, but I think it dips a little too heavily into the current parts bin. Some different rims and a new hood would have set it off proper. I like the way the Austrialian 380 looks a whole lot better. But like the freshened Endeavor they used the current hood that cascades down into the old center nosepiece and just blacked it out. Sigh.

ChromeGalant
02-14-2006, 03:43 AM
Concept was much better looking..

"The tuner version gets an enhanced 3.8-liter V6 that makes 258 hp, 28 more than the regular Galant GTS. "

Yuck.

Check into a G35 Sedan.. 6 speed MT, 298HP, prolly costs less, they also make an AWD model too. I saw some when I picked up my ride.

jusmills
02-15-2006, 05:29 PM
completely agree with you there Chrome the only thing is that the G35 may be a little more (maybe)...you can get a maxima for less with more standard horsepower...(torque though Mitsu may have the edge)...but then if you're willing to spend 30k on a car that will likely depreciate like no bodies business with iffy at best styling...buy it...

I'll take a maxima, g35 sedan, Altima SE-R, even an older E39 BMW before that at that price...not that these won't depreciate but no where near as fast as the Galant...

evomk8
02-16-2006, 02:07 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jusmills)</div><div class='quotemain'>completely agree with you there Chrome the only thing is that the G35 may be a little more (maybe)...you can get a maxima for less with more standard horsepower...(torque though Mitsu may have the edge)...but then if you're willing to spend 30k on a car that will likely depreciate like no bodies business with iffy at best styling...buy it...

I'll take a maxima, g35 sedan, Altima SE-R, even an older E39 BMW before that at that price...not that these won't depreciate but no where near as fast as the Galant...</div>

The subjevtivity of styling aside, the RalliArt is very close in performance to the Maxima and SE-R (to be verified by road-tests).

RalliArt pricing has yet to be announced, but is expected to be near Maxima SE-R levels (about $29,500). For comparison, SE-R is $29,650, Maxima (base) is $27,900 and the G35 (base) $31,200.

Maxima and Altima SE-R (2006 MY) have 7 and 2 hp more respectively but at higher rpms. Both make less torque, though the SE-R reaches max torque earlier. The RalliArt does make 220Lbs/ft of torque at 2,000rpm, but weights about 300lbs more than the Maxima and 350lbs more than the SE-R, which will affect handling. However, a good suspension set-up can help mitigate this.

Opinions and styling aside, a test-drive (once the car is avaiable) would validate or possibly deny the hollow critisisms being thrown around.

GPTourer
02-16-2006, 02:23 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jusmills)</div><div class='quotemain'>completely agree with you there Chrome the only thing is that the G35 may be a little more (maybe)...you can get a maxima for less with more standard horsepower</div>

But a G35 is RWD and the Galant, Maxima and Altima are not. That is all the difference in the world for most enthusiast drivers. I think Mitsubishi has done a good job in making the Eclipse a good handler, and I hope that can be transferred to the Galant.

Our car will probably have to beat the Altima SE-R, Subaru Legacy, Mazdaspeed 6 by a considerable margin to even get a decent, non heavy handed review.

jusmills
02-16-2006, 02:30 PM
evo--point well taken...I should have stated that my post was only my opinion...everyone should take that for what its worth. I, however, would still be very concerned with how fast mitsubishi cars depreciate, with the exception of the evo 8/9 (if you planned on buying and keeping it).

evomk8
02-16-2006, 03:20 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jusmills)</div><div class='quotemain'>evo--point well taken...I should have stated that my post was only my opinion...everyone should take that for what its worth. Â*I, however, would still be very concerned with how fast mitsubishi cars depreciate, with the exception of the evo 8/9 (if you planned on buying and keeping it).</div>
Certainly true, Mitsubishi's do depreciate faster. However, maybe not quite as badly as you may think. Take a 2004 Galant GTS vs a 2004 Altima SE both similarily equipped and the difference comes to less than $800.

(used edmunds.com with 30,000 miles and zip of 85296, matching equipment levels as closely as possible, private party price)

GPTourer
02-16-2006, 03:48 PM
Resale values are starting to come up. All the current models do good. It will take a long time to erase the stigma, but it is happening.

ChromeGalant
02-18-2006, 07:11 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GPTourer)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jusmills)</div><div class='quotemain'>completely agree with you there Chrome the only thing is that the G35 may be a little more (maybe)...you can get a maxima for less with more standard horsepower</div>

But a G35 is RWD and the Galant, Maxima and Altima are not. That is all the difference in the world for most enthusiast drivers. I think Mitsubishi has done a good job in making the Eclipse a good handler, and I hope that can be transferred to the Galant.

Our car will probably have to beat the Altima SE-R, Subaru Legacy, Mazdaspeed 6 by a considerable margin to even get a decent, non heavy handed review.</div>

There is also a G35X - The AWD sedan..

vbquad
02-19-2006, 07:14 AM
Grey ralliart by me! :wink:
http://www.geocities.com/vbquad2000/greygoose.gif

Xska55
02-19-2006, 08:07 AM
Mitsu is a joke, I cant believe I actually own one. Thats nothing like the prototype, and the prototype wasnt even that outrageuos on the exterior to begin with. I was looking forward to the sport suspension, Recaro's, Brembo's, 6speed tranny that to me is a car worthy to where the Ralliart label from the factory.
I dont know msrp is on that pos but it better not be no $30,000. For that Ill buy a either a nice used Evo, Used G35, brand new SE-R, Audi A4, or 2 Type R's, get my drift? Better yet you can make your own Ralliart for the fraction of the price, just buy a GTS and get a set of 18" 4g Eclipse wheels on there and BAM Ralliart!

vbquad
02-19-2006, 08:57 AM
black pearl!
http://www.geocities.com/vbquad2000/BlackPearl.gif

BLue by who!
http://www.geocities.com/vbquad2000/bluebywho.gif

SleekGTZ
02-19-2006, 09:59 AM
black pearl!
http://www.geocities.com/vbquad2000/bluebywho.gif

This blue one looks really nice for the g.
The grill reminds me somewhat of another car...kinda like a cadillac or something...

GPTourer
02-19-2006, 10:52 AM
I dont know msrp is on that pos but it better not be no $30,000. For that Ill buy a either a nice used Evo, Used G35, brand new SE-R, Audi A4, or 2 Type R's, get my drift? Better yet you can make your own Ralliart for the fraction of the price, just buy a GTS and get a set of 18" 4g Eclipse wheels on there and BAM Ralliart!

What if it has the performance to back up its price? What if it will dick all over a SE-R, keep up with a G35, spank a Mazdaspeed 6 and sweat a BMW 330i?

If you put 18's on a GTS, you won't have the suspension upgrades the RalGal will have, because they are going to detune the '07 GTS to put space between the two and get rid of the LS model. Or they'll just start badging LS's as GTS whichever way you want to look at it. If you buy an older GTS, you won't get the nav, Sirius, new interior either.

I can understand being disapointed by the looks, believe me I am too, but let's wait until we see how the car performs before calling it a joke or POS

Xska55
02-19-2006, 01:29 PM
I can understand being disapointed by the looks, believe me I am too, but let's wait until we see how the car performs before calling it a joke or POS[/quote]

Lets see what happens when it comes out like you say

RedGalant2k1
02-19-2006, 01:58 PM
99% Of Concept Cars never look close to their Production Car Kin.

If the 9G Ralliart had a 6spd, Brembo Brakes, 19" Wheels, Recaro Seats, Twin Vented Hood, and anything else the concept had it would be priced out of its competive range. They would have to ask $40,000. And I think the only Mitsubishi people are or were willing to pay $40,000 for was the 3kgt VR4.

As for the production version its much more practical, and its able to be priced within its market, and not overshadow the Lancer Evolution (Which as you all should know) Mitsubishi doesn't want anything doing that. As a limited production model The 9G RalliArt Galant is a far leap forward for Mitsubishi. Congrats to Mitsubishi!

Just wait until the 2008 Ralliart 9G......

GPTourer
02-19-2006, 04:45 PM
Just wait until the 2008 Ralliart 9G......

Which is kind of sad really. Because if the '07 is a success, they'll probably take more of a risk and improve the car a good bit to try to capitilize on the market. Making those who were first feel cheated. Oh well, that's just the way it is.

Rising_Suns
02-24-2006, 06:43 PM
Random question: Anyone know where I can get that front grill badge, if at all?

Donovan
02-24-2006, 07:35 PM
its pretty nice looking..some more stats would have been nice by mitsubishi... Im guessing a high to mid 14?! Also , looks like a charger

jusmills
02-28-2006, 07:36 PM
I am kinda interested in seeing just how well this car will perform. It looks to be pretty heavy but I wonder how well they tuned the suspension to minimize things like body roll
Ideally, I really believe that mitsu coulda made the car much closer to the concept for close to the current cost. Cosmetic changes alone don't push the price north of 40k...they made the evo which can give near supercar performance in acceleration and cornering for much less than 40k out the door. If they took the same approach to the galant...they could have done alot with it.

Imagine what you could do with an 9G ES + 10k, if the aftermarket parts were available...you could build a car that's just as good if not better with that money.

Rising_Suns
02-28-2006, 09:33 PM
In my opinion, I just don't picture the 9G as race car potential--not in the 1/4, nor autocross. It's a bit too heavy to be a real contender of both venues (unless it can see upwards of 300+ HP).

It's also FWD, which is another huge setback. My old 320 HP Eclipse GST had major issues at the track with traction, beause it was FWD.

Anyway, it may be fun for "spirited" driving, but I don't forsee any staggering numbers coming in on the skid pad, slalom, etc. A better suspension (like the Ralliart has) can only do so much.

What I love most about the 9G is its absolute comfort; I bought it for a commuter car, and that's exactly where it exells. The stiff chasis gives it a solid, smooth ride, yet you still feel connected to the ground. I was quite impressed when I first bought it, actually (btw, my previous two cars were an M3 and GST, both of which had stiff suspensions).

-Davide

Donovan
03-01-2006, 08:55 PM
Feaking mitsubishi never goes for the AWD setup in that car..why! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

money..?

RedGalant2k1
03-01-2006, 09:26 PM
Feaking mitsubishi never goes for the AWD setup in that car..why! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

money..?

They had the 6G GSX and 6G VR4 Galants in the early 90s late 80s but were limited as any car of that nature is. Not to mention its expensive to add as an option especially considering that its a limited production model as is. Being AWD would add another $2-3000 to the price, if not more.

manybrews
03-01-2006, 11:17 PM

money..?
cause when they DID sell AWD cars (and almost all of the cars they ever sold were available AWD), no one bought them.
its pointless to sell something no one buys.

GPTourer
05-22-2006, 05:00 PM
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drive...rticleId=115407 ('http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FullTests/articleId=115407')

First reviews are starting to trickle in, and it seems it beat the SE-R. Just need a good comparo test to really put it in the limelight.

9G
05-30-2006, 05:59 PM
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/4339/ralliartga1ly.jpg

Stock
0-60 --------6.5 sec
1/4mile -----15s

I want one. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

SLS2000
05-30-2006, 07:18 PM
Love it
but lower the price and better the grill.
my 02