PDA

View Full Version : tinted headlamps

Censee
10-23-2002, 01:43 AM
has anyoneever tried tinting their headlamps??i tnk i might d this with a ver lightsblue if i can ,wat u guys think??? http://www.berjamautocreations.com/page25.html ('http://www.berjamautocreations.com/page25.html')

BGR
10-23-2002, 02:57 AM
Nooooo..... That's just begging for trouble from the cops. I try my best not to attract their attention.

BGR
10-23-2002, 03:00 AM
Well, I looked at it again. It looks pretty tight... On a blue car! Maybe on a white or silver car, too.

Censee
10-23-2002, 12:24 PM
wll since i have a silver car i would make it a waaay lightrer blue,dark blue galants would look tight with the one the eclipse has.

HeadAche
10-23-2002, 12:41 PM
I thought about doing it when i say my boyz yellow Lancer and it looked really good.. but what color would u use on a Beige galant like mine..?

BGR
10-23-2002, 01:57 PM
So they come in different colors? I didn't see that on the ad. Just think if I did mine in red. When I turn on the lights, it'll look pink.

pinoyesv6
10-23-2002, 02:01 PM
have u guys ever tried using trick tape? i know a few members here use it. mostly the guys with motorcycles use em but its like a preforeated vinyl so light can still shine thru but its colored so you can see the vinyl.

Big H Killa
10-23-2002, 02:53 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kemist aka Shane)</div><div class='quotemain'>I thought about doing it when i say my boyz yellow Lancer and it looked really good.. but what color would u use on a Beige galant like mine..?</div>

I thought about doing this to but everyone told me it was a bad idea b/c they thought the tint would melt. But it seems to work good. Umm I have a beige/gold colored galant and I know they make a bronze tint b/c that's what I have on my windows I was thinking of using the bronze tint on the headlights to. I think that would look really tight if you ask me.

pinoyesv6
10-23-2002, 03:03 PM
don't use window tint. we all know how delicate window tint is and well, if you are gonna apply it to the outside, its gonne get damaged quickly.

Big H Killa
10-23-2002, 03:55 PM
No remember I was talking about taking the headlight housing apart and applying to the inside but you guys said it might melt from all the heat the headlights give off. And I know they get really hot quick b/c by mistake I touched one of my headlight the other day while I was changing them out and it left a nice blister on my hand.

pinoyesv6
10-23-2002, 04:08 PM
i really frown upon putting somethign in the inside. besides the whole heat thing. what are you gonna do if it starts to bubble up or you don't like it anymore? reopen up your headlights? what if your out driving and it starts to peel a lil bit and hampers your vision, what are you gonna do? pull over and break out the heat gun from the trunk of the car? @ least with putting something on the outside, you can just go up and peel it off, no problems

HeadAche
10-23-2002, 05:19 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Big H Killa)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kemist aka Shane)</div><div class='quotemain'>I thought about doing it when i say my boyz yellow Lancer and it looked really good.. but what color would u use on a Beige galant like mine..?</div>

I thought about doing this to but everyone told me it was a bad idea b/c they thought the tint would melt. But it seems to work good. Umm I have a beige/gold colored galant and I know they make a bronze tint b/c that's what I have on my windows I was thinking of using the bronze tint on the headlights to. I think that would look really tight if you ask me.</div>

Yeah i went to my boyz shop and he said that he would do the bronze tint on my headlights for like $20.. i dunno imma think about it and see it would be worth while to do.. if u think it will look hot, i think we should get someone to photoshop it and see how the g-rides will look with it done..

Censee
10-23-2002, 08:56 PM
isnthe tinting done on the outside???

HeadAche
10-23-2002, 10:29 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Censee1)</div><div class='quotemain'>isnthe tinting done on the outside???</div>

It really depends some guyz have the whole inside tinted with heat tempered paint or some guyz just use vinyl and cover the headlights or the foglights..

BlueESV6
11-09-2002, 03:54 PM
It looks nice... unfortunately the police are VERY TOUCHY about the colors red and blue! :shock: