PDA

View Full Version : awd

colombiano
02-12-2006, 08:05 PM
i know there have been small discussions on this be4..but i am wondering what parts are needed to do this conversion.? different transaxle...? idk and what car would you get the parts from?? a jdm galant...?

Stewi
02-12-2006, 08:40 PM
it would cost you around $8-$10,000 in parts and labor. If you have a 4 cyl, you would use an EVO trans, rear end and have a custom driveshaft made. The problem is the EVO trans doesnt fit in the 8G without fabricating a custom front cross member, you would also have to do some fabrication on the rear cross member/floor area to get the EVO rear to fit, its a ton of work and a ton of money. I was really motivated to do this when I did my EVO swap but once I had the car on a lift and I saw all the problems, I decided not to.

colombiano
02-12-2006, 08:48 PM
mines a v6 though.... im wondering if theres any parts i can get in the us...or do i have to use a jdm awd trans w/ custom driveshaft...?

Stewi
02-12-2006, 10:38 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(colombiano)</div><div class='quotemain'>mines a v6 though.... im wondering if theres any parts i can get in the us...or do i have to use a jdm awd trans w/ custom driveshaft...?</div>

well the JDM AWD trans from the 96-98 VR4's is the same as an EVO trans, im not sure what tranny you can use. Im sure there is a way to take an EVO trans and have a mounting plate fabricated to bolt to your motor, thats actually easy

DOHCstunr
02-13-2006, 08:20 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stewi)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(colombiano)</div><div class='quotemain'>mines a v6 though.... im wondering if theres any parts i can get in the us...or do i have to use a jdm awd trans w/ custom driveshaft...?</div>

well the JDM AWD trans from the 96-98 VR4's is the same as an EVO trans, im not sure what tranny you can use. Im sure there is a way to take an EVO trans and have a mounting plate fabricated to bolt to your motor, thats actually easy</div>
you could import the jdm awd subframe. front and rear.
if you have your heart set on it.

why not just import a 8g vr4?

www.evolutionimports.com
talk to these guys. i think they actually have a vr4 in stock.
but if they don't, they can get you what you need.

The Godfather
02-13-2006, 10:51 AM
SO YOUR TELLIN ME THERE"S A CHANCE........... :spinner:

colombiano
02-13-2006, 11:02 AM
idk..but for some reason i really want to do it to the 8g i have. and make sort of like my version of a vr4..... you dig..