PDA

View Full Version : My 2000 G ES VS my friends 1994 Accord EX...

galant_got_speed
02-13-2006, 05:57 PM
Ok im going to race my friend in about an hour...who do you think is gunna win?

Me: 145 HP
155 TQ
Mods: CAI

Friend: 145 HP
147 TQ
Mods: Full Exhaust,Headers

Im kinda nervous guys...lol

peanotation
02-13-2006, 06:05 PM
he's probably going to win, and it will be because of the headers, but that exhaust.....mmmm i dont know

this is why nitrous is great, virtually undetectable until you start pulling things out of the engine bay. nothing like a 35 shot to give you a gauranteed victory without making it obvious

galant_got_speed
02-13-2006, 06:09 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>he's probably going to win, and it will be because of the headers, but that exhaust.....mmmm i dont know

this is why nitrous is great, virtually undetectable until you start pulling things out of the engine bay. nothing like a 35 shot to give you a gauranteed victory without making it obvious</div>

haha yah, nitrous is a nice thing to have...im just worried about blowing apart my block and if i dont blow it apart probably killing a crapload of miles off its life...

galant_got_speed
02-13-2006, 06:28 PM
Wow this kid is ridiculous, 10 minutes before the race he tells me he has the H22A engine which is the 200 horse prelude engine, he tried to argue and say it wasnt the prelude engine, that it was the early accord engine...

then he said oh wait i made a mistake i have the B18 engine...the kid doesnt even know his engines of his own brand of damn car hahahah god that pisses me off...

Kalamidad
02-13-2006, 06:40 PM
well? did you win?

what happened?

galant_got_speed
02-13-2006, 06:43 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kalamidad)</div><div class='quotemain'>well? Â*did you win?

what happened?</div>

I wanted to race and he was the one who INITIALLY asked me to race him, he ended up backing out and told me "you're an ignorant motherfucker who knows shit about cars"...because i told him the facts about the bullshit he tried passing over me? his engine wasnt even VTEC yet it was an H22 or a B18? who was he kidding...i think he expected me to chicken out over his words but i didnt and i won by default hahah lame.

Serstylz2
02-13-2006, 06:51 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kalamidad)</div><div class='quotemain'>well? Â*did you win?

what happened?</div>

I wanted to race and he was the one who INITIALLY asked me to race him, he ended up backing out and told me "you're an ignorant motherfucker who knows shit about cars"...because i told him the facts about the bullshit he tried passing over me? his engine wasnt even VTEC yet it was an H22 or a B18? who was he kidding...i think he expected me to chicken out over his words but i didnt and i won by default hahah lame.</div>

There musta been $$ on the line?? For all that nonsense

unlimited6986
02-13-2006, 06:58 PM
well if his isnt vtek then hes got a h23 engine

galant_got_speed
02-13-2006, 07:02 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Serstylz2)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kalamidad)</div><div class='quotemain'>well? Â*did you win?

what happened?</div>

I wanted to race and he was the one who INITIALLY asked me to race him, he ended up backing out and told me "you're an ignorant motherfucker who knows shit about cars"...because i told him the facts about the bullshit he tried passing over me? his engine wasnt even VTEC yet it was an H22 or a B18? who was he kidding...i think he expected me to chicken out over his words but i didnt and i won by default hahah lame.</div>

There musta been $$ on the line?? For all that nonsense</div>

No money on the line...just pride and knowledge...he prob still woulda beat me but he backed off...complete waste of my time..i told my girl i had some "important business" to take care of, i coulda been at her house doin a little somethin if it werent for this kid...lol

galant_got_speed
02-13-2006, 07:15 PM
Well since i already have a thread open i thot id ask...does anyone else here hit this mystical "brick wall" at 100 MPH...i hit 100 and its like im STUCK there...i have to downshift into 3rd then back into O/D for it to go past 100...maybe this is what the I4 is supposed to perform like?

Kalamidad
02-13-2006, 07:37 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well since i already have a thread open i thot id ask...does anyone else here hit this mystical "brick wall" at 100 MPH...i hit 100 and its like im STUCK there...i have to downshift into 3rd then back into O/D for it to go past 100...maybe this is what the I4 is supposed to perform like?</div>

once you hit the "mystical wall" Let go of the gas and then floor it again...it'll give you a little more after that.

but do so at your own risk...don't kill yourself. A galant has not business going over 100MPH

galant_got_speed
02-13-2006, 07:39 PM
i wish the I4 had more top end...but i guess i cant expect too much out of 145 ponies and 155 torque...i wish i had the money to turbo, id like to hit 120 no problem, the highest i ever hit was 122 or so it looked, whats the top end of the I4 anyone know???

Kalamidad
02-13-2006, 07:43 PM
all depends on what mods you're running...

Some of the guys on here can break 120 with no problem...

Serstylz2
02-13-2006, 07:43 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'>i wish the I4 had more top end...but i guess i cant expect too much out of 145 ponies and 155 torque...i wish i had the money to turbo, id like to hit 120 no problem, the highest i ever hit was 122 or so it looked, whats the top end of the I4 anyone know???</div>

I think it cuts off at 123

galant_got_speed
02-13-2006, 07:46 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kalamidad)</div><div class='quotemain'>all depends on what mods you're running...

Some on the guys on here can break 120 with no problem...</div>

I'm only running an Ebay special intake i picked up for 35 bucks...i have a 3.5 outlet muffler sitting next to me that i got for 20 bucks from a friend, i was thinking of having that welded on, but id prob lose performance if anything, itd be more for sound im sure....I/H/E are pretty expensive for not much performance...

Kalamidad
02-13-2006, 07:49 PM
3.5 Outlet? Oh please don't put that on your car. PLEASE!!!!!!

galant_got_speed
02-13-2006, 07:51 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kalamidad)</div><div class='quotemain'>3.5 Outlet? Â*Oh please don't put that on your car. Â*PLEASE!!!!!!</div>

hahaha, why...i thot people liked weedwackers on wheels? https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

vic_v_jr
02-13-2006, 08:08 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kalamidad)</div><div class='quotemain'>3.5 Outlet? Â*Oh please don't put that on your car. Â*PLEASE!!!!!!</div>

Ditto

ChromeGalant
02-14-2006, 03:52 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vic_v_jr)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kalamidad)</div><div class='quotemain'>3.5 Outlet? Â*Oh please don't put that on your car. Â*PLEASE!!!!!!</div>

Ditto</div>

What he said..

vic_v_jr
02-14-2006, 07:15 AM
Hey Chrome...you picked up a G35 also?? 8) What year is it?

NiTrOuSoXiDe
02-14-2006, 09:08 AM
Yeah please no fartcan!

Shame your friend bitched out on you. I would've liked to hear the outcome of this one.

By the way, welcome!

milo111000
02-24-2006, 12:04 AM
don't be scared to go over 100. I've pushed my g way over 120. i felt like it would go more but my chest couldn't go more. but til now no probs with the g plus the mods. great car we have.

WarmAndSCSI
02-24-2006, 12:10 AM
So you would consider this (http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd...one=main&id=792 ('http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=main&id=792')) a fartcan because it has a 4" tip? :roll: