PDA

View Full Version : Bad Weather is coming HELP!!!

ESdriver00
10-23-2002, 09:00 AM
I have an AEM CAI and I live in CT, rain and snow is coming, what can I do to prevent damage besides taking it off completely? Will the shield from the Injen CAI work, or can I buy the same size pipe from home depot and convert it into a short ram?

Messiah
10-23-2002, 09:12 AM
You don't have to cpmpletely remove your intake...just remove the lower section of the system, and directly attach the filter to the MAS.

ESdriver00
10-23-2002, 09:21 AM
OOOOO yeah that would work wouldn't it. Thanks.

Fishboy55
10-23-2002, 09:29 AM
You could buy the shield, that will help. You can also buy the bypass valve which is also supposed to help. Finally, you could go to HD and get a piece of PVC pipe and make it a short ram for the winter.

I just installed my CAI yesterday, so I'm new to the possibilities. But I'm not too concerned , since the theory is you have to basically immerse your filter in water for it to really be a problem.

I'm open to additional insights for those that have had a CAI on during the winter.

pinoyesv6
10-23-2002, 11:07 AM
bypass valve would be your best thing. uhm why would u need to buy a pipe to convert to short ram? the filter will fit on the MAS adaptor i recall. the aem cai was made to convert into a short ram by removing the lower section and replacing it with your filter.

you can make some kind of shield to go around the filter that would be good. a problem with some snow and stuff is that well, its kinda sticky and if it gets packed onto your filter, not only do you have to worry about hydrolock but you also have to worry about your system suffocating if enough snow gets on it.