PDA

View Full Version : Um...How Important is....?

evil-G-nius
02-15-2006, 09:26 PM
You know that honeycomb shit in the Air Mass Sensor? I fucked mine up and I was wondering how important is it. Can I just scrap it or should I replace it?

pinoyesv6
02-15-2006, 09:29 PM
its very important. the honeycomb helps the MAS determine the amount of airflow.

peanotation
02-15-2006, 09:44 PM
it's supposed to "straighten" out the air before it hits the sensor, i heard it can give you a bad idle and maybe some other issues. put it back

seth98esT
02-15-2006, 09:54 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(evil-G-nius (aka Kimya))</div><div class='quotemain'>You know that honeycomb shit in the Air Mass Sensor? I fucked mine up and I was wondering how important is it. Can I just scrap it or should I replace it?</div>
Time to go to the junkyard and get some new honeycombs... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

Proto
02-15-2006, 10:24 PM
i have a spare MAS if you wanna buy it

manybrews
02-15-2006, 10:24 PM
when the "mod" boys remove that and like to tell me how they've gained 5 HP over stock, I usually laugh at them and tell them to cough up 500 bucks for a new airflow meter 'cause yours wont work right anymore.

evil-G-nius
02-16-2006, 10:31 AM
well most of the stuff...actually all of it is there, I just messed up a corner. I am not getting any check enging lights or weird idle or anything like that. I put back what I still have. The top right corner is just fucked. Well what happened was I was trying to clean some dust out and I had to take off the plastic cover. Well me being lazy used my drill/screw driver. The thing sliped off the screw and rapped the honeycomb around the driver bit! LOL so I straightened it as much as I could...I may have to go to the junk yard to get another one. The sensor works fine for now so...

SuperGALANT
02-16-2006, 10:42 PM
some of mine got messed up and i just used an alen wrench to fix them.. idk if it was a fix but i feel better about it.. lol .. but i only had a few that were bent.. didnt notice a difference be for or after..

ZigenScarface
02-16-2006, 10:45 PM
when i pulled mine out of my 1st gen gsx, all it really gave me was louder spool up sound plus shittier idle, note the reason it was under "CHEAP MODS"

rolling
02-16-2006, 10:53 PM
hey evil when i went to pic your part in sunvalley they had about 3or5 there it look like not much was missing from them i think they had that piece for the trunk you were looking for to

pinoyesv6
02-16-2006, 10:56 PM
the 1g eclipse MAS is a different design than the ones in the 7g

seth98esT
02-16-2006, 11:04 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ZigenScarface)</div><div class='quotemain'>when i pulled mine out of my 1st gen gsx, all it really gave me was louder spool up sound plus shittier idle, note the reason it was under "CHEAP MODS"</div>
Theres a big difference between the "silencer" in the 1g MAS and the honeycombs in the 7g MAS. They server different purposes. The 1g MAS has the silencer in the back of it to keep the BOV/Intake noise down.

I will pick one up from the yard tomorrow since I am going anyway. PM me if you need it still.

ZigenScarface
02-16-2006, 11:06 PM
not jsut the silencer.. even when i removed the honeycombs i heard a bit of a difference, crazy as it sounds, but i still had shitty idle, would jump a round a bit, wasent as bad as when my BISS scre got lost tho https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

evil-G-nius
02-17-2006, 01:05 AM
Well I wont worry about it too much!
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rolling)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey evil when i went to pic your part in sunvalley they had about 3or5 there it look like not much was missing from them i think they had that piece for the trunk you were looking for to</div>

I'll check there. I pass that every morning...I just never went