PDA

View Full Version : Need some quick advice...

6G72Galant
02-16-2006, 04:21 PM
My girl recently got her tax return. And she is willing to let me have $1500 to mod my car. I asked for "permission" to buy a crotch rocket with the $1500. But that idea was shot down to hell. So now i have $1500 to mod my car with. Im thinking about getting a decent set of wheels & tires. I was on wheelmax.com and saw a nice package for $899 (wheels and tires). And i mos def want to get my windows tinted. And i was thinkin about maybe getting some audio equipment. I was over in Wal Mart and saw some pretty decent head units for about $180. I also priced Rear & Front Pioneer speakers at $180 (both front and rear). What should i do???

bglocc
02-16-2006, 04:27 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(6G72Galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>What should i do???</div>
That's hard for us to say bro, it's really up to you. But my 2 cents, I would say start off with wheels and tires, I think that sets the car off.

6G72Galant
02-16-2006, 04:32 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>bglocc Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:27 pm Â* Â*Post subject: Re: Need some quick advice... Â*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Â*
6G72Galant wrote: Â*
What should i do??? Â*

That's hard for us to say bro, it's really up to you. But my 2 cents, I would say start off with wheels and tires, I think that sets the car off. </div>

Hmm...yeh i think ur pretty right. Ima go with the wheels. Alright now what about some audio? Got any good suggestions with that?

VegasMatt
02-16-2006, 04:35 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(6G72Galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>My girl recently got her tax return. And she is willing to let me have $1500 to mod my car. Â*
What should i do???</div>

Marry this girl.

bglocc
02-16-2006, 04:36 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(6G72Galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>My girl recently got her tax return. And she is willing to let me have $1500 to mod my car. Â*
What should i do???</div>

Marry this girl.</div>

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif I second that

Bezzle
02-16-2006, 04:40 PM
i third that marry her quote. but what you wanna do first depends on what you want the most. with me i wanted a complete system so bad so thats what i went out for first.but if u cant decide just go for wheels.

S-Line
02-16-2006, 05:39 PM
My opinion, please make sure you have enough to drop the car if you get rims and tires. But then again, the first thing I did to my G before anything else was a complete audio system. TV, subs, amps, speakers, wires, battery, etc. You should be able to get a decent headunit and other misc. goods for what you will have. Good Luck!

O yea marry that woman!

WarAero
02-16-2006, 05:53 PM
I will go with Rims and tires.. just cuz its easier to get 100 or 200 bucks later on to buy speakers, than trying to get over 1000 to get the rims..
Just my opinion..

shortdogg2k05
02-16-2006, 05:54 PM
I would say go for wheels first, it is the most expensive choice and it is a major part of your car's indentity. After wheels get a good h/u and replace all stock speakers, then work on amps and subs. Oh yeah she is a keeper, not many like that anymore.

DOHCstunr
02-16-2006, 06:03 PM
car audio? pshh. as long as you have a cd/mp3 player and some clear speakers why mess with it.
when you are 30 and hard at hearing there are going to be a lot of people regretting wasting all their money on loud music. and definatly when they are 60 and nearly deaf.

add a little style and perfromance with some light suspension mods.
you could get wheels tires springs and possibley shocks for all that dough depending on what you buy and from where.

performance?
just your basic usual stuff for your enjoymen tand to set it off a bit, how about a cheap intake and over the axle exhaust.

this is all assuming the car is in tip top shape.
nothing bothers me more than when people mod their cars in leu of maintenance that has to be done.
i just love seeing a car with a set of flashy wheels thats blowing smoke out the back, or squealing when they tap the brakes.

gtx
02-16-2006, 06:03 PM
Buy some wheels, buy shocks, buy springs and buy flower for that woman!

pinoyesv6
02-16-2006, 06:45 PM
i say just go with what floats your boat.

but no matter what you do, don't waste your money buying your audio at walmart.

Kalamidad
02-17-2006, 11:18 AM
all depends on you...

Rims are for looks
System is for showing off..
performance is fun...

I would personally go for looks, Rims, Drop, Tint first and then just fish around in the for sale forum for radio equiptment and save some bucks like that.