PDA

View Full Version : covers

rolling
02-17-2006, 08:52 PM
well guys i fucked up and over sprayed me headlight cover and now there to dark does any body now how to remove nite shade with out missing up the plastic cover :evil:

Xrs2
02-17-2006, 08:56 PM
You could try light sanding and using the plastic polish, like people do when they try to redo foggy ones.

Or you could try some thinner, but it will prolly melt the plastic too much.

pinoyesv6
02-17-2006, 09:03 PM
first thing first. you shouldn't be putting night shades on the headlights anyways. since nightshades is a spray you won't get a uniform coat and your lighting will be horrible. even if it was a lighter layer.

but yea, spray some thinner, or carb cleaner or brake cleaner on a rag and wipe the lens with the rag. than you might have to do some polishing once you are done to get things nice and clear again

rolling
02-17-2006, 09:06 PM
thank you i will try that right now well its the covers and the headlight it self

rolling
02-17-2006, 10:10 PM
carb cleaner worked great thank you pino

Danger DANJ
02-18-2006, 11:59 AM
Did you run out of Nite Shades now? There wasn't much left in the can I sent you. Did you take off the black paint first or did you just spray the shapes with the Nite Shades?

rolling
02-18-2006, 08:26 PM
yeh all out of nite shade now i need some more to do it again i only sprayed the clear shapes the paint i left on there the only piece that i removed was the middel piece so now it just one whole and i left the mitsu sing on them