PDA

View Full Version : Optimal tire pressure

cutthrote
02-20-2006, 08:38 PM
How's it going? About two weeks ago I bought a set of Motegi DPK's rapped in Toyo Proxes T1-S 225/40/ZR18 for my 01' galant. I wanted to know what kind of tire pressures were all of you using for daily driving on plus-sized tires. I know this is a subjective post, but I'm curious to know everyone's opinion so I could play with some different tire pressures for maximum performance.

By the way, I didnt use hub rings when i let big10tires balance and align the new wheels (too excited to put them on and didnt do my research https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif ) Since i am still getting vibrations at speeds >65, and i've already taken them back to re-balanced once, i ordered some rings and hopefully that will be the fixer. Just wanted to know what kind of experiences any on you had with balances/allignments at Big10tires since they didnt balance them correctly the first time?

pinoyesv6
02-20-2006, 08:40 PM
im running just factory tire pressure on my 18's. same tire pressure that my 18's have are also the same pressure i used on my 15's and 16's.

as for the balancing, ask to see if that place does high speed balancing. i mean if the balancing machine only spins up the wheels to 60 mph, of course its not gonna know if the wheel isn't balanced at speeds over 65 mph. but try the rings first cuz no matter how many times you balance the wheel, it will always shake if you aren't getting it centered on the hub.

RedGalant2k1
02-20-2006, 08:56 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cutthrote)</div><div class='quotemain'>How's it going? About two weeks ago I bought a set of Motegi DPK's rapped in Toyo Proxes T1-S 225/40/ZR18 for my 01' galant. I wanted to know what kind of tire pressures were all of you using for daily driving on plus-sized tires. I know this is a subjective post, but I'm curious to know everyone's opinion so I could play with some different tire pressures for maximum performance. Â*

By the way, I didnt use hub rings when i let big10tires balance and align the new wheels (too excited to put them on and didnt do my research https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif ) Since i am still getting vibrations at speeds >65, and i've already taken them back to re-balanced once, i ordered some rings and hopefully that will be the fixer. Just wanted to know what kind of experiences any on you had with balances/allignments at Big10tires since they didnt balance them correctly the first time?</div>

You should run standard pressure that listed in your door placard.