PDA

View Full Version : intake manifold

white_g_tiger
02-24-2006, 05:27 AM
what intake manifold fits in my 1996 7g?

bronxbombr
02-24-2006, 06:22 AM
LOL a 7G https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

welcome to TGC!

SuperGALANT
02-24-2006, 09:35 AM
i think your just gonna want to keep ur stock manifold.. what mods to you have that make you need a manifold?

try doing a search tho

Asmodeus
02-25-2006, 03:19 PM
The stocker works fine until you switch heads.
Then more options become available to you for forced induction.
But truly only in turbo applications.

Run the stocker.
If you must bust out the dremel and get a long bit.
But it won't do you much good unless you match the head to what you do with the manifold. You might be able to find some up top you could clean up a bit. But getting to it will be tough.

A quick taper bore on the TB is easily achieved with an appropriately sized wire wheel. Its all aluminum, most brass/steel wheels will chew that shit apart like its plastic. But slow enough that you can control it. Run it like a cylinder hone. Won't give you much, but might help, and doesn't involve a new butterfly plate.

Use your head, not your wallet.
:wink:

Donovan
02-25-2006, 03:46 PM
LOL a 7G https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

welcome to TGC!

Heh , I was gonna say something simular , but yet a bit more helpful

98ACR
03-05-2006, 08:38 PM
:roll:

On a more helpful note....

Though the stock manifold isn't bad per-se, it is a sand cast piece. And the deepest part of the bend (where it's pretty much impossible to get any sort of tool into) is quite restrictive. I was amazed when I cut one right at the bend to see how she looked. ExtrudeHone is very much your friend if you go looking for extra horses here. According to the 'ol flowbench, my test manifold jumped over 250 scfm through the ExtrudeHone process, should complement my head work and 60mm TB quite nicely....If I ever get around to putting it on.

97gshogun
03-10-2006, 05:37 PM
sounds good kepp us updated on that!