PDA

View Full Version : Im Pissed

S-Line
02-24-2006, 05:54 PM
Ok im the reason im pissed is that I just got my car back from the shop. I had my OEM CF Hood put on and the JDM headlights. First, it looks as though the hood pins are not put in even...like 1 is a lil higher then the other. Im not really sure cuz its dark out but it looks that way. Second, the damn jdm grill wont fit. The clips dont reach the holes for them, as if its 2 short. The guy told me that it seems as though the car was hit in the front and the support is bent so I might need to get that fixed now. I wish I could take pictures to show yall what im talking about but the camera isnt here and I wont have it until tomorrow. So now im riding around w/ no grill. Im going to have to meet up w/ a local member to get these headlights put in correctly since they arent competely flush, they stick out just a lil bit from the hood.

VegasMatt
02-24-2006, 05:57 PM
The JDM grill is not an exact fit as the USDM grill, it wont use the same holes. As for the hood, your shop is dumb and didnt figure out how to measure the distance for the hood pins to be even. Its a shame when some shops are hack jobs.

S-Line
02-24-2006, 06:12 PM
The JDM grill is not an exact fit as the USDM grill, it wont use the same holes. As for the hood, your shop is dumb and didnt figure out how to measure the distance for the hood pins to be even. Its a shame when some shops are hack jobs.

I mean how can you not measure something as easy as freakin hood pins. I mean damn. But anyway, how shall I go about getting my jdm grill to fit?

unlimited6986
02-24-2006, 06:34 PM
damn man that shyt sux ill ask bout the headlights if u wanna meet up som,etime this weekend

S-Line
02-24-2006, 07:26 PM
damn man that shyt sux ill ask bout the headlights if u wanna meet up som,etime this weekend

yea sure...i cant believe Len fucked it up. I really thought he knew wtf he was doing, but I guess not. I dont think im going to take my VR4 kit there to get it painted and installed now :roll:

unlimited6986
02-24-2006, 07:49 PM
take it back and tell them they fucked up

Reelax
02-24-2006, 07:52 PM
the grill needs to b trimmed a little where it meets the radiator subframe.. put it against the car and u will see what needs to go. ur also gonna have to cut at least 1 new hole for the middle grill clips. the outer clips clip into the headlights.

furiousgtz
02-24-2006, 07:53 PM
so u got wrong holes in ur CF hood and u cannot do anything about it. go back to the shop and let them no man..i gurentee they are not go take the blame they will come with some smartass excuse.

Xrs2
02-26-2006, 11:12 AM
I would love to hear their excuse. Other than saying its not fucked up, and youre just looking too hard.

qnz
02-26-2006, 12:25 PM
for my headlights, the jdm grill (if i had one) is suppose to clip to the headlights, not the subframe. but since most likely they had to trim the plastic tabs on the headlights, they couldnt attach the grill anymore.

youre not the only one with non flush JDM heads. mine stick out 2mm and i did everything i could to get them to sit flush. i even put paint on the metal to see where it was touching. no luck

S-Line
02-26-2006, 01:25 PM
well i see where i have to trim to get them flush so they will be. Last night i spent time aiming which was pointless since they will go back to be flush.