PDA

View Full Version : Gauge Overlay Install**updated w/crappy pics**

SkylineG1
03-02-2006, 08:23 PM
I just bought some of these gauges from Aznlvrboy, and I just ordered my upgraded inverter. I just wanted to know how some of you guys installed yours, as far as where you hook up the power from and if the needle had to be removed etc.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y190/Skylineg1/111729678085_3300_1.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y190/Skylineg1/111729624965_3300_1.jpg

**Update**
I just installed these tonight in the friggin' cold. I bought the inverter from Speedhut. Ordered them on Friday and they arrived today. Thanks PinoyesV6 for the dimmer switch part.

pinoyesv6
03-02-2006, 08:47 PM
the needles more than likely don't have to be removed you just have to slip them over the needles.

as for power, i got power from the back of the dimmer switch

ipaintu
03-02-2006, 08:50 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>the needles more than likely don't have to be removed you just have to slip them over the needles.

as for power, i got power from the back of the dimmer switch</div>

x2

I just installed them same ones.. I hope you like it really brite.. I got mine with the invertor already on mine. I paid 27.00 + shippign for them But i feel I got a hella deal... I had s7 but got tired of them and wanted to go to this style...

Hella nice set tho..

SkylineG1
03-02-2006, 08:53 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>the needles more than likely don't have to be removed you just have to slip them over the needles.

as for power, i got power from the back of the dimmer switch</div>

Yeah that's what I was thinking of doing I just wanted to know some of the ways other people did thiers.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ipaintu)</div><div class='quotemain'> I just installed them same ones.. I hope you like it really brite.. I got mine with the Â*invertor already on mine. I paid 27.00 + shippign for them But i feel I got a hella deal... I had s7 but got tired of them and wanted to go to this style...

Hella nice set tho..</div>

Yeah I like my gauges as bright as I can get them.

IceDouTGaLanT
03-02-2006, 08:55 PM
they look nice. i really like it

rolling
03-02-2006, 09:03 PM
looking good i think i mite get some to i just cleared my needles and it just mite look crazy

GUTTAZMITZ
03-05-2006, 09:24 PM
that's nice! my only thing is that the needles don't glow... i'm looking at doing this mod anyway.. the needles are my only problem..

Danger DANJ
03-06-2006, 10:47 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GUTTAZMITZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>that's nice! my only thing is that the needles don't glow... i'm looking at doing this mod anyway.. the needles are my only problem..</div>
:? There is no reason why your needles won't glow. They light up the same way as they always do unless you turn the dimmer switch all the way down. If you don't like the orange, you can always change the dash bulbs to red and the needles will glow a red color instead of orange, or you can clear the orange off the needles with nail polish remover and use any color bulbs you want.

pinoyesv6
03-06-2006, 11:36 AM
does your other lights light the one on the shifter and the one in the hvac unit light up? if not, chances are you forgot to plug back in the dimmer switch

SkylineG1
03-06-2006, 10:20 PM
Thanks to all who helped me in this install. Its really easy all you need is a heated garage https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif