PDA

View Full Version : Problem after Problem...

Shadow19
03-02-2006, 09:59 PM
Ok as most of you know ive had nothing but problems with my car.. but its ok i still love my 7g https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif. Well i replaced my belts all of them are BRAND NEW... and ive tighned them like 2 times already and i havent had them on but like 250 miles and they still squeak... any suggestions? Then my gas mileage sucks ass i get like 140 miles from full to 3/4 but from 3/4 to E i get a total of like 280 miles...WTF? Another thing could someone please tell me how to manually clean your fuel injectors because i think they are WAYYY overdue. Thanks

SuperGALANT
03-02-2006, 11:00 PM
ok on the gas.. when u fill the take it is accually over full so it takes some miles to get back to full.. and if ur getting 320 miles to a 12 gallon take thats 26.6 miles p gallon which is DAMN good..

belts.. take off that stupid alt adjuster.. us a pry bar and a 12 wrench to tighten the alt. that belt is a prob. for 7gs.. had several come to shop and just needed a belt.. and thats what ive done to all of em and no complaints so far

Proto
03-02-2006, 11:04 PM
clean the pulley with some brake cleaner.. worked when i still had my 96 S.

Shadow19
03-02-2006, 11:07 PM
Super.. My tank is 16 gallon....... And i get 250 miles total not including the 3/4 but total..... and as for brake cleaner.. hmmm could i just use carb cleaner??????

SuperGALANT
03-02-2006, 11:12 PM
16 gallon?? i have only a 12 gallon take, did u special order? i mean maybe im wrong but every time i fill up from close to empty i have to put less than 12 gallons in.. and its full.. idk

ive never cleaned a pully.. but that cant hurt..

Shadow19
03-02-2006, 11:14 PM
well put it this way.. At 1/4 tank left i fill up and it is like 12-13 gallons.. so yea it costs me about 40 bucks to fill up.. thats y im so pissed about my gas mileage. So i figure ill just never let it get below 3/4 tank and just spend 10 bucks every 4 days.

SuperGALANT
03-02-2006, 11:18 PM
next time fill up all the way.. reset trip odo.. drive it to about 1/2 a tank.. the refill to full.. divid the miles on the odo by the gallons on the pump.. answer will give u mpg.. i get around 22 mpg

Shadow19
03-02-2006, 11:20 PM
I guess i cant really complain. Its just that im used to having my lil 10 gallon tank neon that i get like 31 mpg... Too bad i crashed my baby *sniff sniff* o well if i didnt crash it i wouldnt be in the world of Mitsubishi https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

MBowen574
03-04-2006, 02:29 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SuperGALANT)</div><div class='quotemain'>16 gallon?? i have only a 12 gallon take, did u special order? Â*i mean maybe im wrong but every time i fill up from close to empty i have to put less than 12 gallons in.. and its full.. idk

ive never cleaned a pully.. but that cant hurt..</div>

the USDM 7G's stock tank is 16 or 16.5 gallons but the low fuel light comes on (well, at least mine does) around 11.5 gallons used. absolute lowest i have ever gone was 14.1 gallons used w/ the needle all the way at E and the low fuel light on steadily. the fuel pump is mounted from the top of the tank so i guess that has something to do with it.

manybrews
03-04-2006, 12:31 PM
its probably a failing crankshaft damper thats causing the constant belt squeak.
If it fails totally, you could chuck a timing belt. So have a look at it.

Got Rice Galant
03-04-2006, 02:50 PM
I've had that problem with a few of mine. Really gotta tighten the snot out of them. That stupid tension adjuster on the alternator is junk. But thats just my own opinion. Also get an underdrive pulley. They have a quieter squeel to them. I had a 99 DOHC neon and the belt used to slip from time to time. Could barely hear it!

Shadow19
03-04-2006, 02:53 PM
yea i tighned the fuck out of them yesterday.... no squeaks today.. but man today i saw this dude i used to work with and he had a 94 4g63T eclipse and the transmission went out now he is selling it for 300 bucks... i wish i could buy that fucker and do the head swap plus the turbo.. How many HP do yall think i will be pushing? if i port the head as well as using the turbo?

Got Rice Galant
03-04-2006, 03:27 PM
What you really want to do is build your 64 bottom end or at least just put lower compression pistons in it. You can't run high boost on a stock 64 block. I'm just doing the whole 4g63T swap then next year i'll put my 64 block in. (once its built)

Got Rice Galant
03-04-2006, 03:27 PM
Is it awd or fwd eclipse? Just got me curious!

Shadow19
03-04-2006, 03:28 PM
FWD

DOHCstunr
03-04-2006, 08:49 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shadow19)</div><div class='quotemain'>FWD</div>

at this point in time 1g eclipses aren't worth anything in my book if they aren't FWD.

yeah they look pretty suave in an old school demand respect sort of way.
but all in all, they just aren't fast.
considering that for aonly a few hundred more you oculd get an awd and with a little change smoke corvette's, saleen's, whatever. i'd go awd.
otherwise just scoop one of thousands of good looking 2g eclipses.