PDA

View Full Version : Center dash removal?

Titanium04
03-05-2006, 02:17 AM
Has anyone removed the center dash (the stereo and clock covering) from their 9G? How is it disassembled, is it very complicated? I'm thinking of changing the orange seatbelt and airbag lights blue, if it comes down to it, making custom plates for it if they have an orange backing.

Thanks in advance.

manybrews
03-05-2006, 08:13 AM
it should just pull straight off. I dont think there are any screws on it at all (but to be safe, look at the very bottom of it as thats where they would be).

Galantus
03-30-2006, 03:22 PM
the top clock surround pulls up and out, the stereo piece pulls straight toward you then off

dusthead
07-04-2006, 09:34 AM
i've no shit done this...yes, the middle piece surrounding the stereo pulls right out, along with the top clock peice. but the hard part is getting the rest of the pieces off of the dash - you gotta start with the underside of the driver and passanger dash, removing a LOT of screws by opening the glove box (careful, when you remove the one on the passanger side - the glove box has nothing to catch it - so it will tilt all the way down, dumping everything). also removing the plastic ones on the center unit at the feet. inside the center glove box under the rubber bottom plate theres another screw, the bars on the dash i think have a few screws but then just pop off - it's pretty much guarenteed that you will break a few snaps - i broke like 2.

a lot of it is just winging it, just keep those screws in a baggie or something, an you'll need a slim ang lond phillips head for some places and a short one for others. have fun!