PDA

View Full Version : eye lids

Its Reu
03-10-2006, 07:10 AM
does anybody have them on a gts yet?

dusthead
07-04-2006, 09:35 AM
best bet is to go with tint...lol, i've seen it on neons - not bad, cheap.

mattalicslvr8g02
07-04-2006, 09:38 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dusthead)</div><div class='quotemain'>best bet is to go with tint...lol, i've seen it on neons - not bad, cheap.</div>
cheap yeah but what if he dosent want black or mirror eylids what if he wants them color matched

Proto
07-04-2006, 09:43 AM
go to any vinyl shop and ask if they have any spare material.

da1085
07-04-2006, 10:03 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proto)</div><div class='quotemain'>go to any vinyl shop and ask if they have any spare material.</div>
hey proto.....im wondering.....does vinyl fade?? i wouldn't want to have a matched color on the lights then mayb a month later it like lighter than the rest of the car.....just wondering

mattalicslvr8g02
07-04-2006, 10:48 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(da1085)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proto)</div><div class='quotemain'>go to any vinyl shop and ask if they have any spare material.</div>
hey proto.....im wondering.....does vinyl fade?? i wouldn't want to have a matched color on the lights then mayb a month later it like lighter than the rest of the car.....just wondering</div>

it shouldnt fade in a month or 2 but it eventually will fade

Proto
07-04-2006, 10:55 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mattalicslvr8g02)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(da1085)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proto)</div><div class='quotemain'>go to any vinyl shop and ask if they have any spare material.</div>
hey proto.....im wondering.....does vinyl fade?? i wouldn't want to have a matched color on the lights then mayb a month later it like lighter than the rest of the car.....just wondering</div>

it shouldnt fade in a month or 2 but it eventually will fade</div>

it wont fade if you get good material.

mattalicslvr8g02
07-04-2006, 10:57 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proto)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mattalicslvr8g02)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(da1085)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proto)</div><div class='quotemain'>go to any vinyl shop and ask if they have any spare material.</div>

it shouldnt fade in a month or 2 but it eventually will fade</div>

it wont fade if you get good material.</div>

or clear coat the vinyl

Proto
07-04-2006, 11:03 AM
clear coat the vinyl? you need to do some research because the wouldnt be a smart thing to do since it would stiffen the vinyl up.

da1085
07-04-2006, 11:03 AM
hmmmmm......sounds like i might have a future project after i finish up my swap

mattalicslvr8g02
07-04-2006, 11:11 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proto)</div><div class='quotemain'>clear coat the vinyl? you need to do some research because the wouldnt be a smart thing to do since it would stiffen the vinyl up.</div>

not if you spray it right before you put it on and then it would harden the shape of the headlight

Proto
07-04-2006, 11:30 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mattalicslvr8g02)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proto)</div><div class='quotemain'>clear coat the vinyl? you need to do some research because the wouldnt be a smart thing to do since it would stiffen the vinyl up.</div>

not if you spray it right before you put it on and then it would harden the shape of the headlight</div>

then you'll have clear coat on your fingers and wont be able to work with the vinyl to position it properly.

da1085
07-04-2006, 11:36 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proto)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mattalicslvr8g02)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proto)</div><div class='quotemain'>clear coat the vinyl? you need to do some research because the wouldnt be a smart thing to do since it would stiffen the vinyl up.</div>

not if you spray it right before you put it on and then it would harden the shape of the headlight</div>

then you'll have clear coat on your fingers and wont be able to work with the vinyl to position it properly.</div>
i got it....ask a friend to spray while you pt it on....lol

pinoyesv6
07-04-2006, 11:56 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mattalicslvr8g02)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proto)</div><div class='quotemain'>clear coat the vinyl? you need to do some research because the wouldnt be a smart thing to do since it would stiffen the vinyl up.</div>

clear coat is made for paint. not for vinyl. if you clear coat the vinyl, the clear coat will start to crack since vinyl is constantly expanding and contracting due to changes in temperature.

SleekGTZ
07-04-2006, 12:43 PM
Vinyl stickers works best. I have mine for over a year now and it never fades, never cracks, never peels off (rain or shine). But then again, its white. If its any other color (red, blue, etc.), it might have faded to white. LOL.

Your sig says you have a dove white GTS, if you can get a perfect color match vinyl sticker, that would be your best bet.

I bought my vinyl sticker from Schucks Auto Supply, it's actually a sticker designed to put two large stripes from the front of your car, all the way to the back(kinda like copying the Dodge Cobra style I think). It's only $15 bucks, and I have prenty to spare for trial and error. It sticks very well because its designed to be placed on the exterior of the car.

dusthead
07-05-2006, 05:26 AM
agree with the vinyl as well...seen it on a lot of neons. including the one my co worker has.

krazienluv10
07-15-2006, 02:16 AM
okay on the temp tgc.... their was a member that was willing to ship me a pair of headlights ... soo i could use it to make a couple pairs of eyelids with fiberglass.... can you call your self out...lol or does someone remember the the sn??? ty...