PDA

View Full Version : Location of o2 sensor

Serstylz2
03-10-2006, 03:58 PM
As long as I've been here I've never known what the o2 sensor looks like under the hood or where to look to even find it. If anyone can post a pic or a detailed explanation of what to look for/what its next to in the engine bay for a 2000 i4 ES that would be appreciated, I'm thinkin that running a wire right to the o2 sensor may be easier for me to do rather than the PCM tap at Pin 71 or 72, whichever one it is, because I'm not experienced with the PCM at all and dont want to cause any future problems, thanks

pinoyesv6
03-10-2006, 04:03 PM
first of all, its better to tap at the ecu than the o2 sensor.

secondly the o2 sensor you're looking for is that thing with the wire that goes into the exhaust manifold

Serstylz2
03-11-2006, 02:19 PM
Alright I got it installed but to the o2 line, I will prolly change it now that I've located the ECU...

QUESTION: How do I get the ECU open?! Theres some clips on the front n back, and sides.. what am i lookin to press/pull here... spanks and sorry for the flooding of nooB questions

pinoyesv6
03-11-2006, 05:03 PM
you don't need to open the ecu just tap into the wires going into it

Serstylz2
03-11-2006, 05:34 PM
hmm.. this "ECU" I'm lookin at is inside the fuse box... I gotta somehow get underneath that? Ay dios mio

cntrylvr79
03-11-2006, 05:47 PM
What you're looking at is probably the etacs ecu. That has nothing to do with the running of the car. It only controls the convience things like the lights, locks, and that stuff. Not exactly sure where the ecu for a g is. I'm sure some one else here will know though.

DryBear
03-11-2006, 05:49 PM
Methinks you are looking in the wrong spot - you want to tap the ECU harness located under the dash on the passenger side, just right of the center console. If you pull off the heater tube, you will see a mass of wires - that's where you would want to tap for gauges/wideband/piggyback/etc.

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/3743/eculocation9cz.th.jpg ('http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?image=eculocation9cz.jpg')

Serstylz2
03-11-2006, 05:52 PM
Methinks you are looking in the wrong spot - you want to tap the ECU harness located under the dash on the passenger side, just right of the center console. If you pull off the heater tube, you will see a mass of wires - that's where you would want to tap for gauges/wideband/piggyback/etc.

ooh you are correct i was lookin at the wrong spot, spanks for the info