PDA

View Full Version : blinker bulb prob

glantrider
10-30-2002, 08:24 PM
Ok, correct me if im wrong. When you heat nitrous oxide to about 570 degrees F (~300 C), it splits into oxygen and nitrogen. So the injection of nitrous oxide into an engine means that more oxygen is available during combustion. Because you have more oxygen, you can also inject more fuel, allowing the same engine to produce more power. Nitrous oxide has another effect that improves performance even more. When it vaporizes, nitrous oxide provides a significant cooling effect on the intake air. When you reduce the intake air temperature, you increase the air's density, and this provides even more oxygen inside the cylinder. Alright so if nitrous provides more air while the engine is in combustion then you get more power.

Now... Wouldn't you be able to get the same effect from compressed air? A little less gains but almost the same as nitrous? Since it is compressed it would be forcing pressurized air very quicly into your cylinders during combustion, pushing the engine a little further and providing more power. This would also be hooked up to a cabin controled switch of some sort and the drive can use it selectivly. You would hook up the hose from the compressed air bottle to the same place you would hook up your nitrous on your engine. This would also be easy to use because you can compress the air yourself at home and just stick the tank in right into your trunk or where ever you please. Gauges inside the cabin could monitor your pressure and everything else, but i dont think that you would need to do any elctronic work as far as doing the switch and getting the vavle on the bottle to open when u hit the switch to pump the air into your motor... I was just wondering what you guys think about this... I did some research online and also my friend from school who has a toyota celica (1998) did this mod to his car and said he had a lot of horsepower increase when racing... So much that when we set him up with the same celica (both 5 spd. stock vs stock except the compressed air mod) he blew him away 5 - 6 car lengths... Please give me your feed back and what you all think and if this sounds like something some of u are intrested in i will begin proto-typing and testing this on my 2002 Galant

Thanks for you support and feedback

~Arthur~