PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarkert 8G USDM Black Heads.. opinions?

chbuzz
03-15-2006, 09:37 PM
I have to use USDM heads.. so I was looking on Ebay and seen some Black housing Heads for the 8g. They say there "afermarket" I assume they have plastic lens? Are these made by TYC? Anyone own/seen a pair? what are your opinions? fitment..and level of craftmanship? Thanks.

mrjaydeeone
03-15-2006, 11:12 PM
post a link?

lonestar22
03-16-2006, 12:26 AM
i have those headlights. they are reproduction headlights i think. they have a Made in Taiwan sticker ont he bottom of them but you wouldnt know they were as cheap as they are from the quality of the part.

Skillz911
03-16-2006, 06:43 AM
Instead of buying some..smoke the ones you have.

chbuzz
03-16-2006, 11:42 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lonestar22)</div><div class='quotemain'>i have those headlights. they are reproduction headlights i think. they have a Made in Taiwan sticker ont he bottom of them but you wouldnt know they were as cheap as they are from the quality of the part.</div>yeah thats them... thought i heard they were made in Taiwan.. same company as TYC possibly? How well they holding up and look? I'm gonna check out your pics get a better look.
Reply to painting them:
I rather not paint them, i figure by the time you take them apart and paint etc be less hassle with more options to just get a pair of aftermarket, they aren't that expensive.. plus could sell my old ones if I like them enough or sell them if not...theres just more options to just buy the aftermarkets.

Skillz911
03-16-2006, 12:53 PM
Hassle to paint them? Not at all,.. heat em up, pull apart, paint housings seal up. Done

chbuzz
03-16-2006, 03:58 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Skillz911)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hassle to paint them? Not at all,.. heat em up, pull apart, paint housings seal up. Done</div>yeah i know its not the process of doing it bothers/scares me.. but im thinking long term how they would hold up.. Theres the possibiliy of leaking, but mostly how well will the paint hold up in a environment that constantly heating up.. cooling down. I could see the paint cracking before long. Maybe; maybe not... I dunno, do you guys use high heat paint? Like the flat black for BBQ grills?

Skillz911
03-16-2006, 07:19 PM
Trust me man it doesnt get that hot and the quality will stay perfect. I just used a semi gloss black paint no need for high heat paint. I did this to a set of heads and it came out and held up fine I sold them to a tgc member here ... Right now the black housings on my angel eyes are holding up fine. BuT I understand if you feel umcomfortable doing it. Heres a pic of my old heads I smoked

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/4294/vr20qo.jpg