View Full Version : freakin stalled...

galant_got_speed
03-17-2006, 04:17 PM
I did that reset your ECU and drive the car hard "mod" like 3 months ago, thing stalled on me for the first week and even shutdown...then over the next 2 1/2 months ran great...i just got home like 20 minutes ago, a light i stopped at i saw the revs going up and down from 5-800...and when i went to go the car JERKED wicked hard and ran like shit...why the HELL is it starting this again...btw my car idles at 700

Serstylz2
03-17-2006, 04:20 PM
damn, thats ur engine being mad at you for all the racing you keep doing in its hurt state..

And I KNEW I was gonna hear a WICKED outta you... damn I'm not lookin forward to goin back to Maine and hearin that all the time

galant_got_speed
03-17-2006, 04:26 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Serstylz2)</div><div class='quotemain'>damn, thats ur engine being mad at you for all the racing you keep doing in its hurt state..

And I KNEW I was gonna hear a WICKED outta you... damn I'm not lookin forward to goin back to Maine and hearin that all the time</div>

i wish i new how the person who had it b4 me treated it, or what he put in it...i dont even know if im on stock plugs or not...i sure as hell know the dealer didnt do shit..

bronxbombr
03-17-2006, 04:29 PM
Never heard of that, Something really doesnt sound right or even good about your car right about now. Better remove the timing cover and check you timing belts before its too late.

SkylineG1
03-17-2006, 04:30 PM
Did you at least get a CEL?

galant_got_speed
03-17-2006, 04:46 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SkylineG1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Did you at least get a CEL?</div>

i never get check engine lights, i dont no how to check if nething is wrong neways...i dont wanna take it to a dealer and get charged out my ass for them to "look" at it...

Serstylz2
03-17-2006, 06:07 PM
hit autozone up and explain the same thing to them and they will use the scantron tool for free for u

galant_got_speed
03-17-2006, 06:17 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Serstylz2)</div><div class='quotemain'>hit autozone up and explain the same thing to them and they will use the scantron tool for free for u</div>

isnt the scantron thing for CEL thrown codes??? whats the use of that if the CEL light isnt coming on...lol but yah ill hit them up tomorrow and see what they tell me...

RedGalant2k1
03-17-2006, 08:23 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Serstylz2)</div><div class='quotemain'>damn, thats ur engine being mad at you for all the racing you keep doing in its hurt state..

And I KNEW I was gonna hear a WICKED outta you... damn I'm not lookin forward to goin back to Maine and hearin that all the time</div>

i wish i new how the person who had it b4 me treated it, or what he put in it...i dont even know if im on stock plugs or not...i sure as hell know the dealer didnt do shit..</div>

Well then start by doing a standard tuneup, replace the plugs, wires, fuel filter, PCV, etc etc... That will eliminate that as a possible issue.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bronxbombr)</div><div class='quotemain'>Never heard of that, Something really doesnt sound right or even good about your car right about now. Better remove the timing cover and check you timing belts before its too late.</div>

Idle doesn't always change if the timing belt jumped. However you would have poor acceleration and reduced gas mileage.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SkylineG1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Did you at least get a CEL?</div>

i never get check engine lights, i dont no how to check if nething is wrong neways...i dont wanna take it to a dealer and get charged out my ass for them to "look" at it...</div>

In that case you have two choices:

1) Pay to get it fixed. Your best bet is either the dealer or a dedicated engine shop.

or.....

2) Then live with your problem and stop complaining.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galant_got_speed)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Serstylz2)</div><div class='quotemain'>hit autozone up and explain the same thing to them and they will use the scantron tool for free for u</div>

isnt the scantron thing for CEL thrown codes??? whats the use of that if the CEL light isnt coming on...lol but yah ill hit them up tomorrow and see what they tell me...</div>

If the car ever had a engine code it will come up when scanned, well at least if its a history code.