PDA

View Full Version : Traction control and Anti-Brake light come on while driving

unknown_owner
03-21-2006, 08:31 AM
Can anyone spread some light on this? I did notice that this started when one day I was at a stop sign and my car moved like I was pumping the brakes rapidly, for about 1-2 sec. Ever since then the light comes on intermittently. It once stayed on when I started the car, so I turned the car off and on until it went lights went out. They came on towards the end of my ride.

I can't find my manual to see if it says anything about this.

ChikagoGTZ
03-21-2006, 09:34 AM
It's likely a speed sensor, or a fuse. Check under the hood for the 2 fuses responsible for TCL and ABS. Otherwise, you may need to do an OBDII check.

unknown_owner
03-21-2006, 09:53 AM
Will try the fuses...thnx

cape97
03-21-2006, 10:07 AM
hi guys......take your car to the dealer.....same thing happened to me and the check engine light even came on...there's a software upgrade for our tach motor and taht's what caused mines to trip. it was actually a service bulletin so let your dealer know https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

unknown_owner
03-21-2006, 10:36 AM
Thnx, just saw a TSB about the TCL lights. Hope I don't have to pay...my car is out of warranty (not the origianl owner)

ChikagoGTZ
03-21-2006, 10:47 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(unknown_owner)</div><div class='quotemain'>Thnx, just saw a TSB about the TCL lights. Â*Hope I don't have to pay...my car is out of warranty (not the origianl owner)</div>

You should still be covered, even though you bought the car used. Manybrew's can jump in with that info though.

cape97
03-21-2006, 10:49 AM
no dude!! you're still covered...wahts nice with mitsu's warranty is that it's transferable....what matters is that you're still good with mileage.....lemme know if i can help

cape97
03-21-2006, 10:50 AM
from mitsu's website...."At Mitsubishi, we are so confident in the quality, reliability and durability of the cars we build that we are backing all of our 2006 Sedans and Sport Utility vehicles with our most extensive warranties. This list is headed by a 10-year/100,000 mile Powertrain Limited Warranty***, a 5-year/60,000 mile <span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>fully transferable</span> Bumper-to-Bumper New Vehicle Limited Warranty, a 7-year/100,000 mile Anti-Corrosion/Perforation Limited Warranty and 5-year/Unlimited-miles Roadside Assistance. So now, when you drive off in your new Mitsubishi, you'll leave with even more peace of mind, knowing you can enjoy it to the fullest for many years to come." I'm sure it's not only for 2006 cars..

unknown_owner
03-21-2006, 11:36 AM
WEll my car has over 41K miles and I think for the 04's it was 100,000mi/ 10year for the original owner and 36,000/3years for second owner on down. I'll call the dealership to find out, but thnx.

manybrews
03-21-2006, 05:36 PM
the only common failure on the 04s are wheel speed sensors. No doubt thats your issue. Maybe under warranty, maybe not. Either way, you should have it fixed.

invertedzero
03-22-2006, 11:10 PM
doesn't the warrant actually depend on what month the car was bought cuz i remember i got it a month before they extended it to 100k. just remembering that pissed me off but oh well hehehe

unknown_owner
03-23-2006, 07:03 PM
Well, went to the dealer to find out if the wheel sensors was covered and it is covered if it falls in the Basic Warranty which ends at 3yr/36,000 miles regardless for the 2004. Here is a link with the Mitsubishi warranties: Warranties ('http://www.mitsubishicars.com/owners/warranties.html')

I tried to find out what is exactly covered under each warranty, but the guy at the dealers said that it was in the manual; there was nothing in my manual about it. Any1 have that info?

If something falls under a TSB, are they suppose to repair it with no charge, or is that only for a recall?

Lastly, if it is the wheel sensor, it is covered under my Warranty Direct extended warranty, so I'll be fine there; I called to verify that with them.

manybrews
03-24-2006, 04:38 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(unknown_owner)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well, went to the dealer to find out if the wheel sensors was covered and it is covered if it falls in the Basic Warranty which ends at 3yr/36,000 miles regardless for the 2004. Â*Here is a link with the Mitsubishi warranties: Â*Warranties ('http://www.mitsubishicars.com/owners/warranties.html')

I tried to find out what is exactly covered under each warranty, but the guy at the dealers said that it was in the manual; there was nothing in my manual about it. Â*Any1 have that info?</div>
there should definatly be something. Although it may have a totally seperate manual.
Either way, you can just go to mitsus website for all warranty info.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>

If something falls under a TSB, are they suppose to repair it with no charge, or is that only for a recall?
</div>
thats only for a recall.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>
Lastly, if it is the wheel sensor, it is covered under my Warranty Direct extended warranty, so I'll be fine there; I called to verify that with them.</div>
Yeah, extended should cover it.
Although honestly, the part is only like 80 bucks, with an hour or so to install it. Your deductable is probably at least a 100 bucks anyway.

unknown_owner
03-30-2006, 06:21 PM
Thanks guys; turned out to be the wheel sensor. Getting fixed as I type. Only gonna cost me $100 deductible because of my extended warranty I purchased online.