PDA

View Full Version : Distributor test

jiul
03-22-2006, 03:38 PM
I was trying to test this distributor I got so going by the Mitsu shop manual "measurement for the secondary coil resistsance" the resistance between the "high voltage terminals and connectors 11 or 12" ( the two sticking out of the distributor) should be 20-29 Kohms.
When I did that I was getting infinity, is the distributor bad or do I need a better ohm-meter?

Shadow19
03-23-2006, 12:05 AM
If your car hesitates.. Lags.. Misfires or anything that makes the car run like shit... Change the distributor.. Trust me i would know all to well.. i went through about 1100 dollars with my galant and come to find out the distributor went bad BOTH times.. So i could have saved myself a shit load of money if i would have just bought a fuckin distributor in the beginning... GOOD LUCK..

jiul
03-23-2006, 07:39 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shadow19)</div><div class='quotemain'>If your car hesitates.. Lags.. Misfires or anything that makes the car run like shit... Change the distributor.. Trust me i would know all to well.. i went through about 1100 dollars with my galant and come to find out the distributor went bad BOTH times.. So i could have saved myself a shit load of money if i would have just bought a fuckin distributor in the beginning... GOOD LUCK..</div>

Yeah I kinda feel the same way, is just that I had that $300 ready to go on suspenssion parts!

Shadow19
03-23-2006, 10:27 AM
Yea i know.. But atleast you dont have to take it to the fuckin dealership pay them 75 bucks to tell u they dont know whats wrong with your car.. then spend like 2 months with petty little bullshit work that adds up... so yea just replace the distributor if needed.. If you have a Parks Auto parts where you are at they have the distributor for like 225 plus 75 core charge...

jiul
03-23-2006, 10:46 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shadow19)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yea i know.. But atleast you dont have to take it to the fuckin dealership pay them 75 bucks to tell u they dont know whats wrong with your car.. then spend like 2 months with petty little bullshit work that adds up... so yea just replace the distributor if needed.. If you have a Parks Auto parts where you are at they have the distributor for like 225 plus 75 core charge...</div>

Bro I am so in the middle of just what you described right now LOL

Shadow19
03-23-2006, 10:55 AM
HAHAHAHA dude dont i wish i had someone to fuckin tell me what the hell was wrong with muh shit when it was broke down.... I guess you are the lucky one