PDA

View Full Version : Help: front door not flush to body.

getafix
03-24-2006, 12:50 AM
anybody know how to adjust the front door (passenger side) so that it would sit flush to the body when it's closed?

jiul
03-24-2006, 06:17 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(getafix)</div><div class='quotemain'>anybody know how to adjust the front door (passenger side) so that it would sit flush to the body when it's closed?</div>

Did you take it off and put it back on?
What exactly isn't flush? The front of the door don't line up with the fender or the rear doesn't line up with tthe B pillar?

bronxbombr
03-24-2006, 06:22 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jiul)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(getafix)</div><div class='quotemain'>anybody know how to adjust the front door (passenger side) so that it would sit flush to the body when it's closed?</div>

What exactly isn't flush? The front of the door don't line up with the fender or the rear doesn't line up with tthe B pillar?</div>

Werd, please elaborate.

getafix
03-27-2006, 07:27 PM
anybody know how to adjust the front door (passenger side) so that it would sit flush to the body when it's closed?

What exactly isn't flush? The front of the door don't line up with the fender or the rear doesn't line up with tthe B pillar?

sorry for the lack of detail https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif anyway the front of the door is okay but the rear doesn't line up with the B pillar and no I didn't remove the door.

thanks

SuperGALANT
03-27-2006, 08:07 PM
pics of how far its off would help

getafix
03-27-2006, 08:57 PM
pics of how far its off would help

I'll see what I can do.

jiul
03-28-2006, 04:40 AM

sorry for the lack of detail https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif anyway the front of the door is okay but the rear doesn't line up with the B pillar and no I didn't remove the door.

thanks

Well if this happened suddenly without any accidents, all I can say is check to see that the strike plate hasen't moved or is loose ( you can tell by the paint) Also check the hinges the same way. See if the rubber trim cathces anywhere when you close the door ( mine did and had to change it.)
If all that hasn't happend as a long shot see if you can remember if you placed a jack somehwere around just in fornt of the B pillar for an extended period especially with the door open.