PDA

View Full Version : spraycan malfunction

qnz
03-24-2006, 02:39 PM
so i was painting my interior today. things were going smoothly until the spraycan started acting up. instead of a steady spray, started to go "pffft pffft pfffffft" in spurts. that resulted in large spots of paint on the plastic. i shook the can (natural reaction i guess) but didnt notice that when the can went pfft, some paint accumulated in the ring on top of the can. so when i shook it, i shook some paint onto my wall. well i had to scramble to get most of the paint off before it dried. when it was all cleaned up, the paint in the cup holder had dried and some noticeable spots of paint can be seen.

so after you had a good laugh at my misfortune, what should i do to get the spots of paint out? also, i noticed that the texture on some parts that i painted feels grainy. i guess i shoulda wet sanded some more?

ChikagoGTZ
03-24-2006, 02:44 PM
Sand and repaint https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif Easy as pie.

Mmmm pie....

Xrs2
03-24-2006, 02:47 PM
Where were you painting this stuff at? Anyway depending what it is on you could use a little laqorthinner and it will take it off with a rag. Just remember to take it easy and hit it with some water on a rag afterwards to neutralize it and not melt your cup holder.

DryBear
03-24-2006, 04:26 PM
You should remember to clear your rattle-can spray paints after you are done with them by holding them upside down, then spraying into something like an empty box.

qnz
03-24-2006, 05:40 PM
nah. this was a new bottle. it was working fine for the first 50% of its life. then just suddenly started to sputter. then caused me to make a mess.

acitydweller
03-30-2006, 01:31 PM
what i have done in the past is put the spray cans in some warm water right before use.